Future Enhancements for 1Password

Options
aramburo
aramburo
Community Member

I was impressed with PasswordBox and its integration with Nymi. Is there anything on the works for 1Password that will automate accessing passwords this way or similar? i.e. Now that Touch ID is open to developers and Continuity/Interactive Notifications are also available, perhaps could be used with 1Password. Integration with smart watches (iWatch, etc)? Thank you

Comments

• khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Thanks for asking about this, @aramburo‌. Regarding Nymi specifically, I'll pass your vote along for that. Without digging into the specifics, I suspect it falls under the umbrella of other biometrics. On the whole, the security community has been skeptical of biometric authentication (things like fingerprints, facial recognition, iris scans), however there are circumstances in which these can be useful.

With regard to Touch ID, I'll direct you to our existing support article:

Will 1Password work with the iPhone 5s fingerprint scanner and Touch ID?

As for other enhancements — well, we don't normally discuss future plans, but we are absolutely excited about everything that was announced at the WWDC 2014 keynote. :)

• aramburo
    aramburo
    Community Member
    Options

Thank you Khad. I am looking forward to see how 1Password takes advantage of the future enhancements made during the WWDC 2014....

• khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni
    Options

You and me both. We're living in exciting times. :)

• twilcoxen
    twilcoxen
    Community Member
    Options

I'd just like to add my request for Nymi support. I've read some on the issues surrounding biometrics, but the Nymi seems to have some advantages over many of these. I've been running PasswordBox alongside 1Password, but am not nearly as comfortable with it. I don't think I'd make the move based on only Nymi support, but would love to see it in 1Password!

Also excited about WWDC 2014 -- hoping iOS extensions play a role in your next release in particular. :)

• khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Thanks for chiming in, @twilcoxen‌. I will definitely make sure the devs know you're interested in this as well. Please keep an eye out for more on our blog (and eventually in the App Store) in the coming weeks and months. :)

This discussion has been closed.