Adding my License to my new MacBook

Options
hokie2115
hokie2115
Community Member

When I try to add my license info using the 1password drop down menu (clicking on license) the screen that appears does not allow me to cut and paste the data. The screen that appears asks me to pick a file from all of my computer files.

Comments

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @hokie2115‌

1Password 3 required a licence code, but 1Password 4 uses a license file. I took a quick peek in our back office records for a license under the email address that you attached to your forum account, but was unable to find any. Did you purchase 1Password for the Mac from the the Mac App Store
    ? If so, the Mac App Store version of 1Password actually doesn't have a license key as it is tied to your Apple ID. The iOS versions of 1Password work the same way - you will have no purchase information stored in our records, the purchase is only tied to your AppleID.

If you purchased from our website , I will need one or more of the following:

1. The email address that was used for your purchase (or a list of possible emails if you can't remember which one).
    2. Any alternate spellings of your name that you may have used when purchasing 1Password.
    3. The last 4 digits of your credit card number that was used for the purchase (or a list of possible numbers that may have been used). Please note that I don't need the whole credit card number, just the last 4 digits!

If you would prefer, you can email this information to our team directly at support@ agilebits .com, and we'd be happy to help track down your license file so you can get all set up with 1Password 4!

This discussion has been closed.