"Never display in browser" not honored by 1Password Mini's Folders & Tags listing [confirmed bug]

Options
MartyS
MartyS
Community Member
edited June 2014 in Mac

The items listed under 1Password Mini's Folders and Tags listing contains ones that are set for "Never display in browser". Not only does this make the listings way longer than they should (in my case) but also exposes item names and their contents in a context they shouldn't. Not to mention the confusion when I saw items listed that I thought had long ago been "silenced".

This may have been happening for a while… I don't know. I'm seeing it with 4.4.1 from the Agile Web Store.

Comments

• Stephen_C
    Stephen_C
    Community Member
    Options

The way you see it doesn't seem, at least in part (I haven't checked tags), the way it's intended to work: see this thread and in particular post #4 from JasperP.

However, I just set one of my logins to never display in browser and it's certainly still there in 1P mini (using 1P4 4.4.1 on OS X 10.9.3 with Firefox 29.0.1)—so something odd is going on.

Stephen

• sjk
    sjk
    1Password Alumni
    edited March 2015
    Options

Hi guys,

Thanks for reporting this ( @MartyS ) and confirming it ( @Stephen_C ). I've easily reproduced it here and filed a bug.

Here's an unusual variant I discovered a few weeks ago. Create a smart folder with this search criteria:

If it matches at least one item you'll see this in mini:

Mini's handling of Never display in browser items could use some adjustments. :)

ref: OPM-1612, OPM-1988

This discussion has been closed.