Auto-Submit Not Working On Vanguard.com Site

Options
pappjo
pappjo
Community Member

Vanguard's site has given me problems in the past that I've contacted the agilebits guys about. Previously If I allowed 1Password to auto submit the user name and password ( these are on different pages ) I would get an error message that the user name or password were incorrect. Since this continued for a long time through several 1Password versions and was the only site giving me this issue I disabled auto-submit for the site. Using 1Password mini I would be sent to the user name log in page in Safari and that would get filled in and then I could manually click submit which always works. I would have to do the same thing on the next ( password field ) page. I could get 1Password to fill in the field and manually submit which always works, it was only the auto-submitting that caused a problem. So again I left that function disabled.

I tried playing around with that site again today. I installed the auto-submit script that I saw listed here and went back to the Vanguard site after quitting and restarting everything. I re-enabled auto-submit for the site and tried logging in and out while having 1Password fill in the fields. Now using the mini app I get taken to the first ( user name ) page which 1Password fills in but does not auto submit, I have to manually do that. On the next ( password ) page I click the browser extension for the site and 1Password fills this in as well as auto-submits it. So auto-submit is working on one page but not the other. But at least when it auto-submits the password I no longer get the error message that I previously had gotten.

Comments

• Jasper
    Options

Hi @pappjo,

Thanks for sharing your experience here! Our developers are currently investigating are few minor issues with filling Vanguard.com, so hopefully we'll be able to improve this further in the future. :)

• pappjo
    pappjo
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks for the reply. That site has always given 1Password problems. I was just seeing if anything had changed and it has - auto submitting on the password page no longer returns an error message so that's an improvement!!

• Jasper
    edited June 2014
    Options

I'm glad to hear that there has at least been some improvements for you! :)

This discussion has been closed.