Needs to stay logged in on context switch

jferiante
jferiante
Community Member

I have many applications where I need to initially copy a password over during a context switch. Right now, if I context switch out of the new beta android app, it locks me out & I have to enter the password again. This is a critical usability feature (it can't log me out just for context switching for a few seconds). This makes the app relatively unusable for me (even being a beta tester this is too brutal).

Comments

• Hi @jferiante. Thank you for your feedback. There are three options within Settings > Security that I think will help:

• PIN Code: The PIN Code allows you to create a short numerical passcode (ideally 4 digits) to unlock your vault. With this feature enabled, every time you return back to 1Password from the background, you will only be required to enter your PIN code to access your data. So now when you switch between applications and return back to 1Password, you just need to enter your numeric passcode instead of your master password.

• Lock on Exit: This will keep your vault unlocked when you switch between applications on your device. There’s no need to enter a PIN Code or a master password when you return.

• Automatically Lock: In how many minutes do you want 1Password to lock itself due to inactivity?

This discussion has been closed.