Free Android 4 and Beta testers

RichardPayne
RichardPayne
Community Member

@Nik‌
Could you clarify your position here?

Right now I have an Android beta installed but should I switch to the Play store version?

Is the beta program going to continue?
If it does short term but then you close it in the long term, will I still be able to get the Play store version for free?

Comments

• Lyman
    Lyman
    Community Member

According to http://www.androidcentral.com/1password-40-android-gets-badly-needed-sprucing-all-new-app the premium features will disappear after August 1st and you'll have to buy them with an in-app purchase.
    I really wish there was a unified unlock key for a fair price since I already purchased the Windows and iOS versions and now I need to get the Android version.

• mzel
    mzel
    Community Member

+1

• opuntia2
    opuntia2
    Community Member

I do wish they would be forthcoming with what the price will be after 8/1. I assume they know by now.

• @RichardPayne‌ We plan for the beta program to be a long term thing. As long as we still have new features, improvements, and fixes to implement, the beta program will continue to be an invaluable source of feedback for us. As for the Play Store version, we plan to offer it as a free app indefinitely. Payment will only be required to unlock the premium features.

As far as pricing goes though, we're not ready to announce the pricing for the premium features quite yet. We will be providing more details over the summer as we get closer to the end of the free trial though.

• RichardPayne
    RichardPayne
    Community Member

Ok, then I just misread the announcement. I thought the free until until 1 Aug thing was a special offer, not a limited time trial.

• I'm always happy to provide clarity :)

• mzel
    mzel
    Community Member

Actually I read pretty much same, that premium version will be free till Aug 1, and I would like to get an idea about pricing to make up my mind. And, yes, free Premium version to at least active beta testers would be nice

• RichardPayne
    RichardPayne
    Community Member

Actually I read pretty much same, that premium version will be free till Aug 1, and I would like to get an idea about pricing to make up my mind. And, yes, free Premium version to at least active beta testers would be nice

As I understand it, they're continuing to run the beta program after release, so you can continue to use 1P for free if you're willing to continue testing beta versions. Seems like a fair deal to me.

• mzel
    mzel
    Community Member

I am currently on b4, and my premium feature res expired. Am I running the correct version?

• hubpf
    hubpf
    Community Member

Beta program has expired date. If active beta testers are given keys to unlock. It will be better. I created lots of cards and my program is expiring. I have to worry when to get another beta now before it expires.

• RichardPayne
    RichardPayne
    Community Member

I'm on v4.0.2b3 and it says it has 57 days left, so not expired.
    And the update process is automatic. The only slight concern is if Agilebits fail to push out a new beta version before the previous one expires. That's happened a couple of times in the last year but they've always been pretty quick in rectifying it.

• saad
    edited August 2014

Hi @hubpf. Thank you for being a part of our 1Password Android Beta testing team. Our latest beta right now is version 4.0.2b4 (20140711). If you are not a registered beta user and did not receive an email with this information, along with the download link to the new beta, please sign up here. You will receive an email shortly after confirming your email address with the download link.

If you have already registered for the Android beta and for some reason you did not receive this email, please let us know and we will take a look into it.

• hubpf
    hubpf
    Community Member

I'm using the latest version...4.0.2b4

• mzel
    mzel
    Community Member

I am a registered beta user for last 6 months. I am running on 4.0.2b4 (20140711). I downloaded it from the link in your email after I rebuilt my phone from scratch. It says that the premium features will expire on August 1st, and they did. None of Premium edition features are available to me.

• mzel
    mzel
    Community Member

Guys, thanks for the update. 4.1 beta works for me

• Thanks for being part of our beta program! We introduced beta test mode in the 4.1 beta version of 1Password. This lets us enable 1Password’s premium features for testing purposes.

• @hubpf Could you update to the 4.1 beta we released yesterday and let us know if your version of 1Password still says expired?

• hubpf
    hubpf
    Community Member

Thanks, I upgraded and it's working fine. Will report if any bug found.

• Nice to hear it's working fine! Thanks for letting us know. :)

This discussion has been closed.