Floating Button for password-fill-in

Options
SimMac
SimMac
Community Member

Hi,
I really appreciate the 1PW 4 Update for Android.
But since Android is such an open system, there are TONS of possibilities to make 1Password even better.
I have thought about one of them: What if there is a floating button eg on the right top of the screen whenever you've selected a textfield? If you click on it, it asks you for the PIN or passphrase or whatever and then either detect the website or app automatically or gives you a list of all passwords where you can select the one you need. The password would be placed directly into the field.
I made a very quick mockup how this could possibly look like, note the 1PW-logo on the right top.
I also thought about a 1PW-Keyboard, but I think, this is the best solution.

What do you think?

PS: This forum doesn't work in Tapatalk for some reason...

Comments

• mverde
    Options

Android's openness definitely provides some opportunity for us to expand 1Password functionality beyond the app itself. We share your enthusiasm for improving 1Password and are already hard at work on improvements and new features. Thank you for the mockup! I will pass this on to our development team.

• SimMac
    SimMac
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks!
    Maybe an API for Keyboard-developers would be nice too, if it detects an password-field, a 1PW button appears. Maybe SwiftKey or other keybord-devs would like to implement this into their keyboards.

• mverde
    Options

Thank you for the additional suggestion - I will pass that along as well!

This discussion has been closed.