WiFi-Sync [Added in version 4.5]

SimMac
SimMac
Community Member
edited July 2015 in Android

Hi,
will there be a WiFi-Sync between 1PW for Android and 1PW for Mac like it is in the iOS-Version?
I don't really like the idea, that all my passwords are stored in Dropbox, although they are encrypted, and pushing it via USB could be annoying.

Thanks!

Comments

• We don't directly support WiFi sync in 1Password 4 for Android at the moment. While we may add it in a future update - it is one of our more popular feature requests - we don't have anything to announce at this time. If you have already have a trusted app for WiFi syncing to your Android device though, you should be able to use it with Folder Sync. I hope that helps! Let me know if you have any other questions.

• Charles_Haynes
    Charles_Haynes
    Community Member
    edited July 2014

What if you don't have a trusted app for WiFi syncing? I don't trust Drobox, for example, based on their privacy policies and record - do you have something you'd suggest?

[Add my name to the popular feature requesters.]

• Hi @Charles_Haynes,

Thanks for the feedback! I've added your vote for a Wi-Fi sync option in 1Password for Android. :)

At the moment, Dropbox is the only officially supported sync service. Sorry I don't have a better answer for you right now!

• gmaddry
    gmaddry
    Community Member

Sync folder is not a good option for Windows to Android and driopbox is not an option for my work PC so I don't have a good solution. Another vote for WiFi sync sooner rather than later.

• Yogie
    Yogie
    Community Member

Hi,
    please put my voice to the list of people who ask for this option. I'm a 1Password user since years on Mac and iOS and recently bought a Nexus tablet for being able to compare and review apps iOS & Android etc.
    I really miss the WiFi option!
    Many thanks!
    Cheers
    Joerg

• Thank you @Yogie and @gmaddry‌ for your support of 1Password. I passed on your votes. :)

• MikeGe
    MikeGe
    Community Member

+1 for the WiFi sync on Android please.

• Thank you for your vote @MikeGe‌. :)

• Yogie
    Yogie
    Community Member

Please add my vote as well for getting WiFi Sync for Android on the way! Thanks a lot!

• ag1pwun
    ag1pwun
    Community Member

Another vote for WiFi sync from a user who would like to keep his keychain local. Keep up the good work.

• saad
    edited August 2014

Thank you so much for your support of 1Password. I added your votes for this request. :)

• Caunus
    Caunus
    Community Member

+1 for wifi sync
    I didn't get the folder sync option really to work. I'm not sure who to copy things. Main devices are my Mac and my iPhone, and wifi sync works perfect, but the Android tablet sync is wired.

• Thanks for your vote @Caunus‌. I can provide you with the instructions for copying your 1Password data file to your Android device and setting up local storage sync if you prefer. Just let me know. :)

• Hermann.B
    Hermann.B
    Community Member

I use Wifi Sync between my Mac and iOS devices already. Please add my vote for Android Wifi sync here too.

• Thank you so much for your vote for WiFi sync.

• chesty01
    chesty01
    Community Member

+1 for sync between iphone, android and mac

• Thanks for the vote!

• metoo
    metoo
    Community Member

Registered to put in my vote. +1.

• saad
    edited November 2014

Thank you! (awesome username, btw)

• FunkeyPunkey
    FunkeyPunkey
    Community Member

Hi Saad, please add my request for 1password WIFI sync. I can say here in Europe it is definitely a matter of Dropbox being unpopular among users due to their privacy policies. The account numbers of dropbox are only high, because android and apple users are forced to install it (but not use it luckily).

• Alex Salerno
    Alex Salerno
    Community Member

I had an iphone 5 and wifi sync was one of the most important thing for me! +1 vote for wifi sync between android and PC

• Thanks for the feedback and requests. This is still very much on our radar!

• 1pBob
    1pBob
    Community Member

Another +1 for wifi sync from me. I have Mac, PC and Android devices. I don't want to use dropbox but I am being forced to use it...

• Thanks for your feedback. I added your vote :)

• ccjjoonneess
    ccjjoonneess
    Community Member

Hi, I was using wifi sync between an iPhone IOS and a Macbook. Now I'm not using the iPhone anymore and bought a HTC One M8 with Android. I can't find any reasonable way to sync Android and Macbook (dropbox is not an option). Wifi sync doesn't work and I can't even use folder sync because the Android version can't access the SD card! Every time I need to sync the Android passwords I have to "Clear Data" and to reinstall everything... This is very annoying! :( I vote for wifi sync, or any other sync solution that works and is not in the cloud.

• Nurinai
    Nurinai
    Community Member

I also encountered the same problem with my new Samsung phone,it is now rarely used, I do not want this situation.

• Duly noted. I'm adding your votes. Thanks for the feedback! :)

• naartjie
    naartjie
    Community Member

+1 here as well ;-)

Can anyone point to a decent 3rd party WiFi Sync app? I haven't used anything like this, and have no idea where to start.

• jayotter
    jayotter
    Community Member

Yes. I vote Wifi Sync for Android, it is a must. I am on Mac. Need to add a option or add Kies for 1Passwords WiFi Sync support? Or I can just wait a year until my contract expire and get the iPhone back.

• cap48
    cap48
    Community Member

+1 for Android Wi-Fi sync. For now I use Dropbox, after making the dropbox pword 30 strong. Then I use Hazel on my MAC to watch the dropbox folder, when the 1Password file gets 30minutes old, it gets deleted automatically, limiting my exposure to 30 minutes on DropBox.

Since my wife also has a MAC, and would like to see a wi-fi mac to mac sync. maybe I am missing it, but don't see that option.

This discussion has been closed.