Settings -> About rotates screen to landscape

akamsteeg
akamsteeg
Community Member

When I go to Settings -> About in portrait the display changes to landscape. When I press [back] the screen rotates back to portrait. This issue is reproducable on a Moto G/Android 4.4.2, HTC One V/Android 4.0.3 and a Nexus 7/Android 4.4.2. All devices are running stock unmodified ROM's and aren't rooted.

Comments

• akamsteeg
    akamsteeg
    Community Member

Minor change (but I can't seem to edit my messages?), I mistakenly stated that I could reproduce the issue on my Moto G but that's not the case. I also tried to retest on my other test phone, the One V, but it died due to some user error (oops...) so I don't know if it happens there too.

• The About screen currently doesn't have a landscape orientation associated with it. This is a known limitation, but something that should eventually be corrected. I will add another vote for changing this to our development team's to do list :)

• PLMan
    PLMan
    Community Member

There are many users using 1P in portrait mode. "About" screen is shown in landscape mode which doesn't look nice for such users.

• Hi @PLMan. Thanks for the feedback. I went ahead and merged your thread with this one on the same subject.

The development team is aware of this issue. I'll add your vote for adding landscape orientation support to our About screen! Thanks! :)
    ref: OPA-267

This discussion has been closed.