Not getting some/all 1P data when setting up syncing on new laptop

Options
surfmonkey89
surfmonkey89
Community Member

I just got a MacBook Air, and I'm trying to get my 1P info, with...weird results.

I was originally using Dropbox to sync, and when I tried to add my new machine I wasn't getting all my data, so I switched to iCloud. I did this by turning off syncing on all my devices, then adding iCloud syncing on my desktop machine.

At that point I was able to add my iOS devices and get all my data instantly.

In the case of the laptop, when I set up syncing I got a message saying that there was already data in iCloud, and it was going to merge my data. Note: I had deleted all my data on the laptop version prior to setting up the sync.

Sometimes I get partial data, sometimes (usually) I get no data. If I try to use Dropbox, I usually get some (seeming random) subset of data, but iCloud usually gives me nothing. I've tried rebooting, uninstalling (via drag to the trash) and reinstalling; nothing works. I've turned off all the Keychain Access certificate stuff as well. I've verified I have a Mobile Documents folder under my user ~/Library directory.

Any help here would be greatly appreciated. I'm pretty stuck right now.

I'm running the Mac version, 4.4.1 (441008), downloaded from the Agile Web Store.

Comments

• surfmonkey89
    surfmonkey89
    Community Member
    Options

I was able to "fix" this by uninstalling 1P using AppCleaner, and then reinstalling. Super nervous with that method, but it seems to have worked.

• Jasper
    edited June 2014
    Options

Hi @surfmonkey89,

I'm glad to hear you were able to get this fixed!

We actually don't recommend using an app cleaner to delete 1Password, as it may delete too much data. That's great that it worked for you in this case, but we still don't recommend it.

Please let us know if you have any other questions. :)

This discussion has been closed.