1Password 4 iCloud Backup in iOS and Mac Questions [moved to email]

Options
GabrielP
GabrielP
Community Member
edited June 2014 in iOS

I was running out of iCloud space and when checking in Settings > iCloud > Storage & Backup > Manage Storage > This iPhone, I noticed in Backup Options that 1Password is taking 855 MB. (Screenshot attached).

A few questions:

1. Is it safe to turn that off?
    By that I mean my 1Password database will still be available in all devices and sync normally.

2. Is 1Password on the Mac doing local backups anyway?
    I can see them in Preferences and can restore from there. I assume these are local and not related to the 855 MB is iCloud since clicking on Show Files shows me a local path.

3. Why is it so big?
    The local backups on 1Password for Mac are 6 MB each. There are 32 in there, which is less than 200 MB. Where did the 855 MB come from?

4. Why is my iOS database 3 times as big as the Mac one?
    I base that on the local backups being 6 MB and in iOS if I go to the Documents & Data section in Settings > iCloud > Storage & Backup > Manage Storage, I can see an entry called "onepassword" with 18 MB. I assume this is my iOS 1Password database. Is this correct?

Thanks!

Comments

• Ben
    Ben
    edited June 2014
    Options

Hi @GabrielP‌

Please send us a diagnostic report from your device to support+forum@ agilebits .com You can find instructions on doing so here: http://learn2.agilebits.com/1Password4/diagnostic-report.html

Please do not post your Diagnostics Report in the forums, but please do include a link to this thread in your email(s), along with your forum handle so that we can "connect the dots" when we see your Diagnostics Reports in our inbox.

Once we see the report we should be able to better assist you. Thanks in advance!

Ben

• GabrielP
    GabrielP
    Community Member
    Options

@bwoodruff‌ Thanks, I just emailed it with requested info.

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @GabrielP,

We've received your Diagnostic Report - thanks for sending it in! Someone from the support team will get back to you as soon as possible with some details. We'll keep the conversation going directly via email to avoid complicating things between here and there. :)

This discussion has been closed.