Forum Auto Scrolling

RichardPayne
RichardPayne
Community Member

On my desktop Chrome, if I open a thread from the thread list and then press the back button then the it restores the scrolled state of the list page. Effectively it retains my last place in the list.

On Chrome for Android it doesn't do this properly. I press back and it loads to the correct place but then after about 1-2 seconds resets to the top of the page.

Comments

• khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni

Offhand it sounds like a problem with Chrome for Android. Do you see similar behavior with the mobile version of this forum in other mobile browsers or with other sites in Chrome for Android?

• RichardPayne
    RichardPayne
    Community Member

Have just tested this to check.

Others sites work fine in Chrome.
    However this site also works fine in Opera Mini.

• khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni

The plot thickens.

Does it make a difference if you use the "request desktop version" option in Chrome? I'm sort of assuming the issue is specific to the mobile site in Chrome for Android, but I wonder if the same thing happens with desktop version too.

• RichardPayne
    RichardPayne
    Community Member

Yikes, the less said about using the full site on a phone the better! Have you tried it?

Still, it did not exhibit the fault, so it seems that your assumption is valid.

• khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni

Not sure what course of action to take at this point, but I am tempted to blame things on Chrome for Android and wait to see if an update to Chrome for Android doesn't resolve things. I'm not seeing anything here that would instruct a browser to exhibit that behavior.

• RichardPayne
    RichardPayne
    Community Member

lol, cheers @khad‌ :(

I would agree with you except for the fact that nothing else exhibits this behaviour in Chrome.

• khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni

It is quite the mystery. I'll try to do some testing when I am near my Android device, but I'm going to move this to the Android category for now (knowing that it is not an issue with 1Password for Android but hoping someone there will be able to provide better assistance). :)

• RichardPayne
    RichardPayne
    Community Member

Fair play, makes sense.

• I did some testing on both my devices and noticed that I see the issue on my phone but not my tablet. This led me to suspect that the issue is specific to the theme that is used for phones. I checked a few other sites that use Vanilla Forums, and the ones that use the default mobile theme (like us) all exhibit the same issue, while the ones that use custom mobile themes do not. I will mention this to our web team.

This discussion has been closed.