Unable to sync with iCloud

Options
glahana
glahana
Community Member
edited June 2014 in iOS

See screenshot please. What can be done to resolve this?

Thanks!image

Comments

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @glahana‌

I'm sorry to hear that you're having trouble here - thanks for including the screenshot of the error message, it makes this a lot easier to diagnose!

This message usually shows up when iCloud hasn't finished downloading your entire 1Password database. Because we are unable to directly initiate a sync with iCloud (the way we can with Dropbox), sometimes a bit of patience is required for iCloud to do it's sync-thing. :) Waiting just a few minutes and trying sync again should ensure that the profile.js file (and all other necessary details) are properly downloaded.

However, if waiting doesn't seem to work, please try this:

• On your computer, go to iCloud.com and sign in with your Apple ID.
    • Click your account name in the upper-right corner of the page, then choose Account Settings.
    • Go to Advanced > Reset Documents & Data > Reset Documents and Data, then click Reset and wait for the reset process to complete.
    • When you're asked to restart your devices, shut down each device that is set up for iCloud documents and data, then restart.
    • Wait about 20 minutes, and then reconnect 1Password on each device to iCloud.

This should get you all sorted out, but we're here if you have any further questions!

• glahana
    glahana
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks Megan, I'll give it a try!

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @glahana,

Happy to help - please let me know how things work out. :)

• glahana
    glahana
    Community Member
    Options

Megan, sadly it didn't work. I still am faced with the same error. Is there no way 1Password could have a reset option built in to correct this issue from within the app?

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @glahana,

I'm sorry to hear you're still having trouble here. Could you please send us a Diagnostic Report for your iOS device?

Settings > Advanced > Troubleshooting > Email Diagnostics

A short note here once you've sent the Report in will help us to keep an eye out for it. :)

Once we see the report we should be able to better assist you. Thanks in advance!

• glahana
    glahana
    Community Member
    Options

Megan, sorry it has taken me so long to reply, but I've just send the diag file as you described.

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @glahana,

Thanks for sending that Report in! I took a quick look in our system, but I was unable to find an email from the address you attached to your forum account. If you could send me a private message with the address that you used to send in the Report, I'd be happy to track it down and ensure that it gets answered quickly. :)

This discussion has been closed.