Trouble with syncing - Amazon Login rejected on iOS

Options
Kim Gabriel
Kim Gabriel
Community Member
edited June 2014 in iOS

I am so frustrated. Honestly. I have read posts and looked at tutorials and still can't seem to make this system work. Just crazy complicated. To make sure I wasn't being a complete idiot, I changed my Amazon password on my Mac and saved it to 1Password and double checked to make sure it worked. It does. I then synced to 1Password for iOS to make sure it was updated. Tried to log in to Amazon using 1Password and Amazon completely rejects the password filled in. Ditto with several other sites. This is taking so much time! Worse, the idea was to generate secure passwords to replace all my silly ones but I have ABSOLUTELY NO FAITH this is ever going to work so I don't want to do that until I am sure. At this point, my Amazon password is some 14 unit gobbledygook that I will have to try to type in to see if I can force acceptance. With the added bonus of now having to do the whole catpcha thing. So, just curious. Does anyone actually have the thing working seamlessly between Mac and iPhone? Having just spent close to $70, I sincerely hope so.

Comments

• Kim Gabriel
    Kim Gabriel
    Community Member
    Options

I tried disabling everything and restarting and it did not work.

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi Kim,

I'm so sorry to hear that you're feeling frustrated here! This process certainly shouldn't be complicated, although it can take a while to get into the workflow. Now, let's see if we can sort out where things are going wrong. We'll start with your Amazon Login, since this is the one that you mention. I'm glad to hear that it is working fine on your Mac - that's a good start.

• Are you logging in to the Amazon website using the browser built into 1Password or copying the password from 1Password and pasting it into a mobile browser?
    • I'm assuming that "completely rejects" means it tells you your password is incorrect, but if you're seeing a different error message, please let me know!
    • What are you using to sync your Mac and your iOS devices?
    • Could you please provide the version numbers of both 1Password and your operating systems for all computers and devices currently running 1Password?

The more detail you can provide here, the quicker we'll be able to track this down and get things working seamlessly for you! :)

• Kim Gabriel
    Kim Gabriel
    Community Member
    Options
    1. I have done both. I have used the 1Password Browser and I have tried just pasting into Safari. It works when I don't use your Browser but that is going to mean copying and pasting which is not optimal. At least it worked (finally!)
    2. Yes, sorry for the drama (I know! I know!). Amazon tells me that my password is incorrect
    3. Since I last posted I have used both iCloud (after firstly disabling it on both devices, restarting both devices and restarting iCloud) and then using Wi-Fi. It is taking me forever to try to fix this but no joy.
    4. My desktop is an iMac running OS X 10.9.3 and 1Password is 4.4.1; my iPhone is an i5 running iOS 7.1.1 and 1Password 4.5.2
  • Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi Kim,

Thanks so much for answering my questions! I certainly don't blame you for being frustrated here at all. The good news is that I have an Amazon Login that works on both my desktop and mobile, so we should be able to get this straightened out for you fairly quickly.

First of all, let's start fresh with sync just to make sure everything is working correctly:

• On your iOS devices, open 1Password 4 for iOS, tap Settings > Sync > Sync Service and tap 'Disable Sync’.

• On the Mac, open 1Password 4 for Mac, and click the 1Password menu, then Preferences. Click Sync, and click Change syncing.

• Check the box to remove the data from iCloud and confirm that you want to disable sync.

• Restart the Mac and iOS devices.

• On the Mac, go back to the Sync preferences, and enable iCloud.

• Wait about 20 minutes to give iCloud time to run the initial sync to all devices.

• Go back into the iOS app and re-enable iCloud sync. It should work this time.

Now, let's try saving a new Login for your Amazon site. Let's try this:

• Edit the login that you currently have for this website by appending an "Old" to the title - just so you can tell them apart.
    • Visit the site and fill in the fields you want filled (you can copy and paste your long gobble-de-gook password). Do NOT click the login button.
    • Click the 1Password extension, and unlock it if necessary.
    • Click the gear icon (or vault icon if multiple vaults are enabled) in the upper right corner.
    • Select Save new login.
    • Give the entry a unique and identifiable title.
    • Click Save.
    • Revisit the site and see if 1Password fills in the site correctly.

Now, I've added a second URL to my Amazon Login entry for the mobile site. When I'm viewing this entry on my iOS device, I just tap the mobile URL and it will open and fill in 1Browser.

I hope this gets you all sorted out, but if you're still seeing issues after this, no worries - we're here to help!

• Kim Gabriel
    Kim Gabriel
    Community Member
    edited June 2014
    Options

Dear Megan, I do very much appreciate your attentiveness. I note that I have already done the "fresh" sync approach but I will do so again. I can't ask for help and then moan when you give it. I will let you know how it goes. Not quite sure why you need to have two urls. If it works, shouldn't one do the trick? (If I wasn't so tired I would try to pun on 1Password but 2Urls--you can see why I ask the question...) but before we get there we have to get there so let us see if I can make a mobile URL work from the 1Password Browser.

• Kim Gabriel
    Kim Gabriel
    Community Member
    Options

Chortle, it worked. Not quite a straight path but, hey, we meandered there eventually. Now to crack the 2 Url / 1 login mess and I will be happy! Not a bad way to start a Friday night (you certainly made me feel a whole lot happier about having spent $70). Give yourself a pat on the back, excellent customer service.

• Jasper
    Options

On behalf of Megan, you're welcome. Please let us know if you have any other questions! :)

This discussion has been closed.