Version 4.5.3? [Slowly being rolled out to everybody]

Options
hawkmoth
hawkmoth
Community Member
edited June 2014 in iOS

The App Store is showing version 4.5.3 of 1Password for iOS, but it isn't offering to update my installation of 4.5.2. Instead, it offers to open my current version, not download the new one.

Is this just a timing issue?

Comments

• Jasper
    edited June 2014
    Options

Hi @hawkmoth,

I'm assuming it's just a temporary App Store caching issue, and hopefully it will update if you wait a while. But let us know if you still don't have the update tomorrow.

• shirlet
    shirlet
    Community Member
    Options

I'm having the exact same problem with 1Password but also with another app that just updated (SKRWT) so would assume that it is a caching problem as Jasper says.

• hawkmoth
    hawkmoth
    Community Member
    Options

It's still not available for me, but I assume Sunday won't be the day of the week to figure out why.

• hawkmoth
    hawkmoth
    Community Member
    edited June 2014
    Options

Me again. :)

If I delete 1Password on an iOS device and download a fresh copy, I do get 4.4.3. So that's what Apple is serving up, even thought it doesn't present as an update in the App Store app.

• MikeT
    edited June 2014
    Options

Hi @hawkmoth,

I assume you mean 4.5.3, not 4.4.3. :P

That's actually normal and intentional.

That's typically just a cache being prepped for your area, it generally takes several hours to get the app ready to be released around the world. Apple will make the app available for download for new users right away but the update is a different story, they are staggered geographically.

The main reason is that it is not likely there would be hundreds of thousands of new users downloading the update at the same time but releasing an update to these existing users will reach that scale if they don't stagger it out.

• hawkmoth
    hawkmoth
    Community Member
    Options

I assume you mean 4.5.3, not 4.4.3.

Yes, that's what I meant. I have an excuse, but it's lame.

Thanks for the elaboration. I have had some lagging before with updates of various applications, but one exceeds 24 hours, which is not usual in my experience. I will await the arrival of the update on my second iOS device to see how long this one ends up taking.

• rwbenz
    rwbenz
    Community Member
    Options

The geographic explanation above doesn't hold true for me. The update came through right away on my iPhone yesterday, but not on any of my other iOS devices. Obviously these devices are in the same geographic area. Even as of this afternoon, none of my other iOS devices offer to upgrade. However, 4.5.3 (re)broke displaying PDF attachments for me, so maybe the delayed upgrade isn't so bad.

• hawkmoth
    hawkmoth
    Community Member
    Options

PDF attachments view correctly for me in 4.5.3 on my iPad, which is where I forced it to install.

• hawkmoth
    hawkmoth
    Community Member
    Options

And 4.5.3 was ready to update on my iPhone this morning.

This discussion has been closed.