Wells Fargo Bank doesn't like 1Password Passwords

Options
WineChef
WineChef
Community Member

Hi gang,

I converted my WFB account to a 1Password creation, but it took several tries. They CLAIM you can use 14 characters but it's actually (apparently) limited to 13 ("Up to 14 characters") and none of the separators apart from numbers would work. In many cases, it would say "Password Invalid" and rattle off the requirements for them. I suspect it has to do with WF not allowing a single character to appear 3 times but even with varied separators, it still didn't work. I eventually got one it would accept with numbers as separators.

FYI

Comments

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @WineChef,

I'm sorry to hear that WellsFargo gave you a bit of trouble when changing your password. Sites with restrictive password requirements certainly can be frustrating, but I'm so glad you were able to get a workable one. :)

Thanks for letting us know - if you see 1Password behaving oddly anywhere else, we're here to help.

• MartyS
    MartyS
    Community Member
    Options

@WineChef‌: FWIW, Wells Fargo does support passwords being 14 characters long with their Internet banking: I know because I maxed mine out to their rules with success.

I know probably a dozen folks working in the WF data processing groups but they won't listen to me about this one. Considering that long passwords don't take up any more space than short ones if they're stored properly (I.E. not in their plain text form) it just makes no sense. Big banks make billions of dollars each quarter yet cannot let their staff implement longer passwords for those of us wise enough to want them long. Sigh.

This discussion has been closed.