Some websites' images do not download due to 1Password Safari extension

Options
neo2049
neo2049
Community Member

Hi. A weird bug is that when the 1Password extension is installed on Safari images do not download on some websites.

Websites I have found this occurs are:

http://blog.alfredapp.com
http://www.techcrunch.com
http://gigaom.com

Has anyone else been seeing this problem?

Comments

• hawkmoth
    hawkmoth
    Community Member
    edited June 2014
    Options

As far as I can tell, when I click on the links you provided, all of the images show up for me on all three sites. I have version 4.2.2.b2 of the extension installed.

• sjk
    sjk
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @neo2049,

Do you mean that images on those site pages you mentioned aren't being displayed in Safari when you have the 1Password extension installed/enabled? I've haven't heard other reports of 1Password's extension interfering like that.

I have version 4.2.2.b2 of the extension installed.

Have you got 4.2.2.BETA-3 now, @hawkmoth? :)

• hawkmoth
    hawkmoth
    Community Member
    Options

@sjk - I have version 4.4.1 of the main application. Safari shows that I have 4.2.2.b2 of the extension installed. That came automatically. I have not received notice that there are updates available for the main application.

Should I have 4.2.2.b3 of the extension? If so, it hasn't come automatically, although automatic updates of the extension seem to have been coming in the past.I've been away from my Mac for about two weeks. Maybe I've missed something.

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @hawkmoth‌

Our developers have been busy ... we're actually on 4.2.2.b4 already! I had to reinstall the extension to get the latest beta, perhaps you should give that a try. :)

• hawkmoth
    hawkmoth
    Community Member
    Options

@Megan - I just checked again and I now have 4.2.2.b3. So I guess automatic updates are occurring, even if I'm behind one version.

It used to be that you didn't recommend the betas for extensions along with the release version of the main application. Is that still the case? I have the release version of 4.4.1, and I understand that I am now out of the beta program until I can update OS X to Yosemite. I'm unlikely to do that before its official release, and certainly not until the public beta is released, if I get a code to install it.

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @hawkmoth,

Since the main app and the extension are developed separately, it shouldn't matter much if you are on the release of the main app and the beta of the extension, or vice versa. (I have the beta extension installed, but don't use the beta version of the main app on a day to day basis.) :)

• hawkmoth
    hawkmoth
    Community Member
    Options

OK, @Megan. I manually installed version 4.2.2.b4 of the extension.

• sjk
    sjk
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Recent beta extension updates have been showing up automatically here in Safari, Chrome, and Firefox. I wonder why you haven't been getting them there, @hawkmoth.

I hope @neo2049 returns with more information about the weird problem he reported. :)

• hawkmoth
    hawkmoth
    Community Member
    Options

I did eventually get b3 automatically. Perhaps b4 would have come on its own too. I haven't had trouble with automatic updates to the extension in the past. I usually a Safari user. Sometimes Firefox.

This discussion has been closed.