Incredibly Frustrating

Options
bartreitter
bartreitter
Community Member

I'm hoping someone can help. I've been a long time user of 1 Password and very satisfied until now. I just bought a new Mac and am migrating from my old Mac and nothing with 1 Password seems to be working. The 1 Password software on the new machine saw existing data in my iCloud account and apparently created a a vault which is inaccessible. I selected to sync with Dropbox which I have used almost exclusively and the software insists on trying to merge with the existing inaccessible vault. To do that, it needs my Dropbox password which I enter and it will not accept for some reason.

I tried transferring the license as well from the old machine running version 3.8 to no avail since there is not way to manually enter the license in 1Password 4 despite the online claims that there are. It looks for a license file that I do not have because I bought the software several years ago from a work email account to which I no longer have access. An attempt at downloading from the App Store also does not work as I need to pay $50 and there is no option to restore a purchase.

I'm hoping someone can help as this is incredibly unintuitive and surprising from an otherwise solid company.

Comments

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @bartreitter‌

I'm so sorry to hear about the trouble you've been having getting 1Password set up on your new Mac! Let's get this sorted out. We'll need to take a closer look at your system here to determine where things are getting tangled up. Could you please send us a Diagnostics Report?

http://learn2.agilebits.com/1Password4/diagnostic-report.html

(Please be sure to select the tab that corresponds to the version of 1Password you have installed currently)

Then attach the entire file to an email to us: support+forum@ agilebits .com

Please do not post your Diagnostics Report in the forums, but please do include a link to this thread in your email, along with your forum handle so that we can "connect the dots" when we see your Diagnostics Report in our inbox.

Along with the Diagnostics Report, I'd appreciate it if you could include some information on where you purchased 1Password for Mac. I did a quick search in our back office records using the email address attached to your forum account, but was unable to find a record. Please let us know the name/email address that you used to purchase 1Password so that we can track this license down for you!

A short note here once you've sent the Report in will help us to keep an eye out for it. :)

Once we see the report we should be able to better assist you. Thanks in advance!

This discussion has been closed.