Updating multiple vaults simultaneously?

Options
Murray Gray
Murray Gray
Community Member

Hi all,

We have a bunch of team members all using 1password and we're finding it awesome.

We have 3 vaults.

1. Personal to me and the founder -- containing sensitive banking and personal information.
  2. Private to the inner circle management -- containing what these folks need to do their job.
  3. "Public" to the whole company -- contains just the passwords and secure notes that anyone in the company should have access to.

Right now - (and I'm not sure if we're doing it correctly - I'd appreciate hearing from anyone who has a better solution) -- we have passwords that need to be repeated in all 3 vaults naturally, because of the nature of logins and passwords.

We'd love a way to update all info simultaneously across all vaults when a password or piece of info changes.

Thanks,

Murray

Comments

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi Murray,

I'm so glad to hear that you're enjoying 1Password so far! Our developers are looking into ways to make it easier to view items from all vaults that will hopefully make your life with multiple vaults much simpler, and I'm happy to add your vote to the existing feature request. (It sounds like this would help a lot here.) Unfortunately, due to the way that vaults are encrypted, it is not possible to keep items in sync between vaults, but I do have a few alternatives for you here.

• Store Logins that are used by everyone only in the "public" vault. Presumably this will ensure that everyone in the company has access to them.
    • Use tags to keep track of which Logins are in multiple vaults so that it's easy to see which Logins will need to be copied to another vault when a change is made.

I hope this helps, but please let me know if you have any further questions or concerns - we're here for you! :)

This discussion has been closed.