Cannot Fill Item in Web Browser [moved to email]

Options
mschenk908
mschenk908
Community Member
edited June 2014 in Mac

I am using 1Password 4 4.1.1 (441008) purchased from agilebits with Firefox 30.0 and an iMac with processor 2.3 GHz Intel Core i& and OSX 10.9.3. When clicking the "key" in the address bar I get the message "Cannot Fill Item in Web Browser Web Browser is connect but its code signature could not be verified Filling and other features are disabled until this configuration issue is resolved." The troubleshooting guide references Chrome browser I am not using. I don't remember what changed when this started happening. It does not happen on my desktop computer. I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling 1Password but it did not fix the issue. I may not have trashed all the necessary files to do a complete clean install. Any suggestions?

Comments

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @mschenk908‌

I'm sorry that you're having trouble filling with 1Password lately. You certainly shouldn't have to reinstall the entire app to get things working, but it might be handy to reinstall the browser extension.

Please follow these steps:

• Open Firefox.
    • Click on the Tools menu, then Add-Ons.
    • Click the remove button next to the 1Password 4 extension and remove it.
    • Restart your Mac.
    • Launch Firefox and visit the following page: https://agilebits.com/browsers/index.html
    • Click the the big green button, and follow the instructions on the new page to install the extension.

This should get you all sorted out, but if you're still having trouble after reinstalling the extension, please let me know and we'll investigate further. :)

• mschenk908
    mschenk908
    Community Member
    Options

Thank you for the reply. I followed your instructions to a T but it did not help. Got the same error box

• Jasper
    Options

Hi @mschenk908,

So we can investigate further, could you please email us a Diagnostics Report from your Mac, along with your forum username and a link to this discussion, to: support+forum@agilebits.com

A brief comment here mentioning that you've sent the report would also be helpful. Thanks in advance!

• mschenk908
    mschenk908
    Community Member
    Options

At what point do I create the report? Do I have to create the problem first? Do I have to have the troubleshooting program open when I create the problem? Otherwise how does the troubleshooting program know what the problem is?

• mschenk908
    mschenk908
    Community Member
    Options

Okay, I looked at the file and I get it. I will email the file to you as requested

• sjk
    sjk
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @mschenk908,

We've received your email with the report - thanks for sending that in! Someone from our email support team will review it and get back with you as soon as possible. :)

This discussion has been closed.