Database backup failed - pops up every 5 mins [moved to email; suggested leftover version 3 removal]

kenriise
kenriise
Community Member
edited July 2014 in Mac

My wife is seeing this pop up on her mac every 5 minutes. She's using iCloud as sync. The weird thing is that the icon with the error is for 1P version 3, whereas she is using 1p version 4. I've used Spotlight and Activity Monitor to find evidence of an old copy but can't find one.

Help appreciated 1Password team!

Screengrab: https://www.dropbox.com/s/ysranilmo3ia1u9/Screen Shot 2014-06-28 at 15.44.43.png

Comments

• sjk
    sjk
    1Password Alumni

Hi @kenriise,

I'm sorry that your wife's Mac is repeatedly grumbling about Database Backup Failed. It does look like at least part of 1Password 3 is still installed that's responsible for that error. So we can suggest specifically what's best to remove to stop it, please send us a Diagnostics Report from your wife's Mac, along with a link to this topic and your forum username, to support+forum@agilebits.com. A brief comment here mentioning that you've sent the report would also be helpful.

Once we see the report we'll be able to better assist you. Thanks in advance!

• kenriise
    kenriise
    Community Member

Hi. Still having the problem. Have emailed the diagnostics report. Thanks

• sjk
    sjk
    1Password Alumni

Hi @kenriise,

We've got your email with the report - thanks for sending that in! I've sent you a reply with instructions for removing leftovers from 1Password 3, to keep its 1PasswordAgent from interfering with 1Password 4. We can continue any discussion about it through email so I'll close this topic now. :)

internal reference number: UAU-74563-952

This discussion has been closed.