1Password Public Beta 4.6.BETA-1 + iPhone 5s iOS 8 Touch ID not switching on

2»

Comments

• thegdgteer
    thegdgteer
    Community Member

Thanks for the suggestion, not working here.

• volcom45
    volcom45
    Community Member

Didn't work for me, either. I will try rebooting after turning it off then turning it back on and see if that changes things. Will report back if it works.

• Thanks gents.

• While I was not able to reproduce the issue on my 5S, I was able to reproduce the same problem on my iPad Air. Turning on the Quick Unlock would simply turn it back off. I have tried resetting the passcode and restarting the device, but that was not successful.

It originally had iOS 8 beta 1 installed and that had been updated to beta 2 through the device Software Update.

I tried performing a full restore to iOS 8 beta 2 and am now able to properly set the Quick Unlock code. I have filed a Radar for this issue.

• volcom45
    volcom45
    Community Member

Same issue in iOS8 Beta 3. Just FYI.

• Thanks for the report @volcom45‌. We have yet to hear back on our radar from Apple, so so far the only workaround is a full device restore.

• thegdgteer
    thegdgteer
    Community Member

I took the full restore plunge and can confirm that TouchID is fixed and is now working. Very nice!

• jsmecham
    jsmecham
    Community Member
    edited July 2014

I can also confirm that a full restore (including a settings restore from backup) enables the Touch ID functionality.

• Good stuff guys, thanks!

• tawe
    tawe
    Community Member

I had the same problem, being unable to turn on TouchID in 1Password settings. I tried turning TouchID off and back on again in iPhone settings, but this didn't help. However, I finally got it working by doing the following (running iOS 8 Beta 3 and 1Password 4.6.BETA-2):

1. Open the app switcher and quit 1Password.
    2. Go to iPhone settings and turn off TouchID (both for unlocking the phone and for iTunes and App Store).
    3. Disable my passcode alltogheter.
    4. Re-enable my passcode.
    5. Turn TouchID back on.
    6. Turn TouchID on in 1Password.

I'm not sure that exactly all these steps are necessary, but this is what I did and it worked. Yey! :)

• myckmack
    myckmack
    Community Member

Thanks tawe. It worked.

• myckmack
    myckmack
    Community Member
    edited July 2014

With the step 1, 3, 4 and 6, I have Quick Unlock running in my iPad.

Running iOS 8 Beta 3 and 1Password 4.6.BETA-2 in both iPhone 5S and iPad Air.

• taboo8614
    taboo8614
    Community Member

Looks like we have a fix, thanks Tawe!

• volcom45
    volcom45
    Community Member

Thx so much, Tawe! I can confirm this worked! So awesome getting to use this feature now!!

• justingoldberg
    justingoldberg
    Community Member

Can also confirm that Tawe's suggestion works! Thank you!!!

• Awesome, guys.

@tawe‌, huge thanks for tracking that down. I'll ask Shiner to update the radar on this.

• BabyGotMac
    BabyGotMac
    Community Member

Thank you Tawe.

• A lot of folks have confirmed tawe's suggestion works. So hopefully, Apple'll figure this out and have it fixed in the later betas.

This discussion has been closed.