Identity Fill not working [Resolved: Reinstall Extension]

Options
Megan
Megan
1Password Alumni
edited July 2014 in Mac
This discussion was created from comments split from: Auto fill not working.

Comments

• bennyd99
    bennyd99
    Community Member
    Options

Hi Magan.

Same problem here, 1P passwords working through the browser extension (ver 4.2.1), but forms from "identities" section is not working. I'm using only safari on 10.9.3, safari version 7.0.4 (9537.76.4) - 1P ver 4.4.1 (441008).

I already looked at "1Password fails to fill data" article with no avail.

Please help :)

Thanks,
    Benny

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi Benny ( @bennyd99 ),

I'm sorry to hear that you're having trouble with Identity fill. Thanks so much for including your version numbers in the original post, that helps narrow things down a lot!

First of all, I note that you are actually a bit behind on your extension's version. 4.2.2 was just released, and includes a lot of great fixes. So our first step here is to try reinstalling the 1Password 4 browser extension for Safari.

Please follow these steps:

• Open Safari.
    • Click Safari > Preferences in the menu bar.
    • Click the Extensions tab.
    • Click "Uninstall" for the 1Password 4 extension.
    • Restart your Mac.
    • Launch Safari and visit the following page: https://agilebits.com/browsers/index.html
    • Click the big green button, and follow the instructions on the new page to install the extension.

I'd also love to know if there are any particular sites that are failing to fill your Identity correctly - are all fields failing, or are there a few fields that seem to get missed?

• bennyd99
    bennyd99
    Community Member
    Options

Hi Magan,
    I'm not sure what happened to the other thread but I've sent the 1P logs to you. expect my username is bennyd99.

Upgrading to 4.2.3 extension after uninstalling and rebooting resolved the problem !!

Thanks,
    Benny

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi Benny ( @bennyd99 ),

Thanks so much for letting me know that upgrading the extension got you all sorted out! Since this issue is nicely sorted out now, I'll close this thread, but if you have any further questions or concerns, please don't hesitate to open a new thread, or email us directly at support@ agilebits .com - we're here for you. :)

This discussion has been closed.