iCloud sync error

Options
Ruud Polmans
Ruud Polmans
Community Member

I use 1password on my Mac's and iPad/iPhone. On one of my macs I have an iCloud sync problem. It just will not sync with iCloud. Dropbox works fine.
I've disabled sync on all my devices, removed 1password from my mac, deleted iCloud data and started all over again. It was working fine, an now after one week I again get iCloud sync problems. I cannot select iCloud it won't even look there. iCloud date is working fine with other apps such as pages, numbers etc.
How to fix an prevent from happening again?

Comments

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi Ruud,

I'm so sorry to hear that you're having trouble with iCloud sync! In the future, you likely don't have to go so far as to completely uninstall 1Password when you have a sync error.

Now, there are a few very basic things that we need to check before we get into the more detailed troubleshooting:

• Please ensure that you are logged in with the same iCloud account on all computers and devices. (If you're like me and have somehow collected several, this could be where things are getting tangled!)
    • Please ensure that 'Documents and Data' is enabled for iCloud on all devices.

Once all that is confirmed, let's try resetting sync:

• On your iOS devices, open 1Password 4 for iOS, tap Settings > Sync > Sync Service and tap 'Disable Sync’.

• On the Mac, open 1Password 4 for Mac, and click the 1Password menu, then Preferences. Click Sync, and click Change syncing.

• Check the box to remove the data from iCloud and confirm that you want to disable sync.

• Restart the Mac and iOS devices.

• On the Mac, go back to the Sync preferences, and enable iCloud.

• Wait about 20 minutes to give iCloud time to run the initial sync to all devices.

• Go back into the iOS app and re-enable iCloud sync. It should work this time.

Unfortunately, iCloud sync is still very much a black box to us. Apple has allowed developers to use the sync, but we aren't able to peek inside to see where things are getting tangled up. Resetting sync usually gets things working, but if you're still seeing issues, please let us know and we'll investigate further! :)

• mcappleios
    mcappleios
    Community Member
    Options

I am also having an issue. I just downloaded the 1Password app, but finding the iCloud sync function not working properly. Is because I am using my .me account? I have the same iCloud enabled on my Mac and iPhone, but having severe syncing problems.

• Jasper
    Options

Hi @mcappleios,

Have you already tried Megan's suggestions above?

• mcappleios
    mcappleios
    Community Member
    Options

Hi-

Yes. I tried all suggestion listed above. My problem is that 1Password stalls when it tries to sync with iCloud. I've tried deleting, and reinstalling, reinstalling iCloud, and using the tips mentioned above.

Any suggestions?

• Jasper
    edited July 2014
    Options

Hi @mcappleios,

So we can investigate further, could you please email us a Diagnostics Report from your Mac, along with your forum username and a link to this discussion, to: support+forum@agilebits.com

A brief comment here mentioning that you've sent the report would also be helpful. Thanks in advance!

• JodiSte01
    JodiSte01
    Community Member
    Options

I have the same issue. My iPad and iPhone sync without problems, but my iMac throughs an error every time.
    I get a sync error. When I go to Preferences/Sync click on iCloud I get: 1Password will create a copy of your vault in iCloud. It should become available on other iCloud devices in a few minutes. I click on Start Syncing and I get a 1 Password Sync, Problem detected, Update Preferences (Ignore or Fix buttons, neither help) Last week iCloud Sync worked without problems.

However, why is 1Password for Mac creating a copy of the vault? There is already one in iCloud (the one the other devices use). I would imaging a merge would be the correct thing to do.

• Rider
    Rider
    Community Member
    Options

I'm getting the same issue. Running Mavericks 10.9.3 and 1Password Version 4.4.1 (441008). Tried the remedy mentioned in Megan's post but this did not resolve the problem. I notice in the Documents & Data setting in the iCloud preferences in System Preferences that 1Password shows as "1Password Mini". I'll send through a diagnostics report.

• sjk
    sjk
    1Password Alumni
    edited July 2014
    Options

Hi @JodiSte01,

If you've already tried @Megan‌'s suggestions above (in post #2) for resetting iCloud syncing and are still having trouble, please send us a Diagnostics Report (see @JasperP's post #6) and we'll be able to help you get this resolved through email. Thanks!

• sjk
    sjk
    1Password Alumni
    Options

We've received your email with the report, @Rider. Thanks for sending that in! Someone from our support team will follow up with you as soon as they can with more help to fix your problem with iCloud syncing.

internal reference number: JWZ-79491-635

• gilshark63
    gilshark63
    Community Member
    Options

I also submitted a report as my situation is exactly the same as @JodiSte01‌

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @gilshark63,

We've received your Diagnostics Report - thanks for sending it in! Someone from the support team will get back to you as soon as possible with some details. We'll keep the conversation going directly via email to avoid complicating things between here and there. :)

internal reference number: PZD-18943-818

• JodiSte01
    JodiSte01
    Community Member
    Options

I have send the diagnostic report today.

Cheers

• sjk
    sjk
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Thanks for your email with the report, @JodiSte01. We've got it, will review it, and get back with you directly through email with suggestions for resolving this problem. :)

internal reference number: ZRX-35154-766

This discussion has been closed.