Synching with Dropbox: vault mismatch [Resolved, merge vaults]

Options
larrylef
larrylef
Community Member
edited July 2014 in iOS

I'm synching my iPhone and iPad on iCloud. I installed 1Password for Windows a while ago, and opened the data file. However, adding passwords to the Windows version didn't show up on IOS. I discovered that I didn't change my iOS devices to Dropbox, so I'm trying to do that now, but it says there is a "vault mismatch", and that the Primary vault is different than the vault in Dropbox. It also says "We recommend you do not merge these vaults", but allow you to do it if necessary.

I do need to have them synched, so what would you suggest? What will I lose if I decide to merge the vaults?

Thanks much

Comments

• Jasper
    Options

Hi @larrylef,

When you get the Vault Mismatch warning, please tap More Info. This will show details about the differences between the vaults. If the vault in Dropbox mostly matches the local vault (probably the most recent items will be the only difference), then you can tap Merge These Vaults Anyway.

Please let us know if you have any other questions.

• larrylef
    larrylef
    Community Member
    Options

Thank you! That seems to have worked.

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @larrylef‌

Thanks so much for letting us know that @JasperP's suggestions got you sorted out! Since this issue is nicely sorted out now, I'll close this thread, but if you have any further questions or concerns, please don't hesitate to open a new thread, or email us directly at support@ agilebits .com - we're here for you. :)

This discussion has been closed.