Can't log into my credit union, psecu.com [Proven Solution in post #4]

Options
negativeh
negativeh
Community Member
edited September 2014 in Mac

When I attempt to login, it enters the username and password and then they disappear and nothing happens. Tried to change password and resave but that didn't work.

Comments

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @negativeh‌

Could you please send along the URL for your credit union, I'd love to do some testing here to see where things are getting tangled up!

• negativeh
    negativeh
    Community Member
    Options

psecu.com

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    edited September 2014
    Options

Proven Solution

Hi @negativeh‌

Thanks so much for sending that URL along. You're right, the site is a bit tricky. I was, however, able to get a Login that fills correctly by making a few small adjustments. Here's how my Login looks:

Here's what I had to do:

• Locate the entry in the main app
    • Click on 'show web form details'
    • Notice that 1Password didn't save the password - add manually
    • Change the 'Submit' option to 'Never Submit'

This Login fills correctly, and the fields do not disappear. Then the 'Log In' button can be pressed manually. Clearly this is a bit more work than we'd like you to have to do for a Login, so I'll be filing this with our developers to see if they can't improve 1Password's behaviour here.

Before I do that though, I'd love to know how my steps work for someone with a proper Login. (I'm just using test data here.) Could you tell me if these steps get your Login behaving properly for you? Or do we need to do some more testing here?

• negativeh
    negativeh
    Community Member
    Options

It worked!!! Thanks. Just curious why the login worked fine without the need for manual entry until a few days ago. However, no big deal.

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    edited September 2014
    Options

Hi @negativeh‌

Thanks so much for letting me those tweaks got your Login working for you.

As far as why your existing Login entry stopped working ... well, there could be a number of reasons. A common reason is changes to the website's code. These changes can be small and completely unnoticeable to the user, but if the details of the web form have been altered, 1Password may have trouble filling.

In any case, I've passed this URL along to our developers to see if they can't get 1Password saving the details the first time around. :)

ref: OPX-501

• swz108
    swz108
    Community Member
    Options

I just came across this problem myself and have been searching high and low to find a solution! I finally searched for the right words and found this post. I tried the solution you recommended @Megan and it worked for me as well. Just thought I'd pass along that another "real" login worked. Thank you for helping figure this out. Any word on a possible fix for this bug? Thanks :)

• Glad to hear @Megan‌'s steps worked for you, @swz108‌! No word yet on a fix yet.

This discussion has been closed.