fbm
Community Member

Hi,

I'm trying to transfer my 1Password data :

• from 1Password v3.8.22 OSX 10.6.8
  • to 1Password v4.4.1 OSX 10.9.4 on my new machine

So far, I haven't find any working solution:

• I've tried to backup data files, but I can't import it
  • I've tried to synch 1Password3 to DropBox, but I got the message (Dropbox is not installed) eve though it is up and running

Thanks in advance.

Comments

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @fbm,

I'm so sorry to hear that you're having trouble getting your data imported from 1Password 3. Transferring data using a backup is a bit of a complicated process, so we're much better off if we can get this working without resorting to your backups. (It's good to know they're there though!)

Let's see if we can track down your 1Password.agilekeychain file on your old computer. The default location for this file is ~/Library/Application Support/1Password/, but 1Password 3 will tell you where your data file is stored in Preferences > General. We'll want to copy this file onto a USB drive and move it onto your new computer. This file can be stored on your desktop, or anywhere memorable.

Then, open up 1Password 4, select "I've used 1Password before" > "this Mac" to locate your keychain (if 1Password doesn't see it immediately.)

Once your data is safely in 1Password, of course, you can change the sync location to Dropbox and remove the extra keychain from your desktop.

I hope this helps, but if you hit any snags, please let me know and we'll work through it! :)

• fbm
    fbm
    Community Member
    Options

It works like a charm.

Thanks a lot

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @fbm,

I'm so glad to hear that! Thanks for letting me know you're all sorted out. Since this issue is nicely sorted out now, I'll close this thread, but if you have any further questions or concerns, please don't hesitate to open a new thread, or email us directly at support@ agilebits .com - we're here for you. :)

This discussion has been closed.