Changing Category titles

Options
TsamiJ
TsamiJ
Community Member

I'm not from USA and new to 1Passport. Category names such as 'Social Security' is not pertinent, however we have 'Taxation Office'. We also have much different criteria (which is fine to change within 'Social Security' category). Is there a way that that name can be changed, or does that cause issues with your system?

Comments

• hawkmoth
    hawkmoth
    Community Member
    Options

You cannot change category names or add new ones of your own design in the current versions of 1Password, but adding those options is a frequently requested feature. The developers say that they are considering these requests, but they have not given a time frame for implementing them, nor even committed formally to doing so. But I should also note that is their policy not to comment on possible future changes or to promise time frames for making any particular changes.

• Stephen_C
    Stephen_C
    Community Member
    Options

You could also go to crowdin.net/project/onepassword4-osx and perhaps help with localisation of 1Password if your language is there. ;)

Stephen

• sjk
    sjk
    1Password Alumni
    edited July 2014
    Options

Hi @TsamiJ,

Welcome to 1Password and the AgileBits family! Based on a web search results for "Taxation Office", my first guess is you're from Australia? :)

Requests for customizing categories are popular and their names/titles are currently unchangeable, like @hawkmoth mentioned. I've added your interest in modifiable category names to our issue tracker.

Australian English (if that's what you'd like to use) isn't one of the languages in the 1Password 4 for Mac Translations - Crowdin project that @Stephen_C suggested might be possible to localize, although presumably it could be added and OS X does support it.

If you have other questions or suggestions please let us know. Have fun!

This discussion has been closed.