Feature Request: Tapatalk Support [not possible at this time]

Options
khad
khad
1Password Alumni
This discussion was created from comments split from: What forum software is this?.

Comments

• ormie
    ormie
    Community Member
    Options

Hello, I didn't know who to contact so I thought asking here would do. I use an app called TapaTalk and this forum is available to use in this app but, every time I try to add it to the list and log in, I keep getting a message saying something is out of date that will not let me log in or add to the list of forums. Can you pass this on to whomever deals with other iOS forum apps such as TapaTalk. Thanking you.

• khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni
    edited July 2014
    Options

I'm sorry for any confusion, @ormie‌. We used to use Tapatalk years ago with a different forum solution, but the current status of the Tapatalk plugin for Vanilla forums doesn't work with the hosted version of Vanilla that we're using. We were quite happy with Tapatalk before we switched to Vanilla Forums, but that is the current situation. If it changes, we would be more than happy to implement Tapatalk support again. :)

It sounds like perhaps the old instance of Tapatalk that we used to use might still be appearing in a list somewhere. I thought it was removed years ago, but I'll look into it. Thanks for mentioning this.

• ormie
    ormie
    Community Member
    Options

Ok.

• d_stone
    d_stone
    Community Member
    Options

I try to use the iOS app Tapatalk on the iPhone to read your forum.

Using the search of the app, your forum is found, but if I open it I got an error message: Access denied.

Don't you allow the access to your forum using this app or are there only a problem with the configuration?

• d_stone
    d_stone
    Community Member
    Options
  • Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @d_stone,

I'm sorry that the forum search didn't lead you to what you need - sometimes I have to resort to Google as well. But I'm glad you found what you were looking for eventually. :)

• RichardPayne
    RichardPayne
    Community Member
    Options

@Megan why is the forum search so flakey?

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @RichardPayne‌

Honestly, I wish I knew! I do know that some of the forum gurus have been in contact with the forum hosts in an attempt to improve things, and I'll admit - it has gotten better: at one point, searches were failing for me pretty regularly, but I've had better luck in recent months.

We're still looking into options to see if search can be strengthened in any way. A reliable search is so useful when a forum is as active as ours. :)

• charlie999
    charlie999
    Community Member
    Options

Hi

I've located your Forum on Tapatalk App for iPhone but it won't install properly for some reason. Any ideas? Anyone using it ok on there?

• RichardPayne
    RichardPayne
    Community Member
    Options

I'd guess they haven't installed the Tapatalk plugin on the forum. Not a bad thing in my view. Tapatalk has always been a little flakey on fixing security holes promptly and the new CSS for the forum works view well on mobile devices.

• charlie999
    charlie999
    Community Member
    Options

The App found it and gave a link to add to My Forums but nothing happened when I tried to connect. Never mind I can see it well in my browser just nice to have all forums in one place.

• venos
    venos
    Community Member
    edited October 2014
    Options

I found the forum on tapatalk today but couldnt install it either...so it must be the plug in as RichardPayne says...

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @charlie999,

I've merged several threads together here, since we're all talking about the same thing. Please see Khad's reply above:

We used to use Tapatalk years ago with a different forum solution, but the current status of the Tapatalk plugin for Vanilla forums doesn't work with the hosted version of Vanilla that we're using. We were quite happy with Tapatalk before we switched to Vanilla Forums, but that is the current situation. If it changes, we would be more than happy to implement Tapatalk support again.

I hope this helps to explain things! :)

• @Megan / @khad - have you reported that issue to tapatalk/vanilla? Is it being worked on?

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @spitf1r3 ,

I don't have an update for you at this time, but I'll let the team know you're interested in seeing this, if possible.

This discussion has been closed.