Cannot open .agilekeychain or .opvault file after upgrading OS X Mavericks [moved to email]

Options
danevron
danevron
Community Member
edited July 2014 in Mac

Hi
I am unable to reach my data after upgrading OS X.
After the upgrade 1Password asked me to select from the following choices (I'm new to 1Password, I've used 1Password before)
After selecting "I've used 1Password before", I was presented with "Where is your data?"
I don't have an iCloud or Dropbox account so I selected This Mac.

Now I needed to find .agilekeychain or .opvault files on my machine.
After googling a bit, I think I need to select a file named OnePassword.sqlite which I found at ~/Library/Application Support/1Password 4/Data/

The problem is that I can't select the file in the Finder window. It doesn't open.
I tried double clicking, pressing the open button and nothing works.

Help will be mach appreciated.

Comments

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni
    Options

It could be 1Password is asking you to select the containing folder rather than the file itself. Try selecting the Data folder, does that enable the open button?

Depending on your particular setup (need a lot more details though), I'm surprised 1Password doesn't remember that it was already in use. When I did an upgrade from Snow Leopard to Mavericks I don't think there were many blips. In my case I was running 1Password 3 before, purchased 1Password 4 and it detected my existing vault all by itself.

• danevron
    danevron
    Community Member
    Options

I tried doing that also with no use.
    It's a real frustration not being able to open my passwords.
    I really hope there is a solution for this mess.

• Stephen_C
    Stephen_C
    Community Member
    Options

If you were using 1P4 (as opposed to 1P3) before the upgrade to Mavericks you should be looking for an SQLite file not an agilekeychain file. Your SQLite file's location depends on where your purchased 1Password:

1. If you purchased from the Mac App Store your datafile is here: ~/Library/Containers/2BUA8C4S2C.com.agilebits.onepassword-osx-helper/Data/Library/Data/OnePassword.sqlite.
    2. If you purchased directly from the Agile webstore your datafile is here: ~/Library/Application Support/1Password\ 4/Data/OnePassword.sqlite.

Stephen

• sjk
    sjk
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @danevron,

I'm sorry you're having trouble locating your 1Password data after upgrading to Mavericks. So we can help you track it down it down, please send us a Diagnostics Report from your Mac, along with a link to this topic and your forum username, to support+forum@agilebits.com. A brief comment here mentioning that you've sent the report would also be helpful.

Once we see the report we'll be able to better assist you with finding your data and putting it in the right place. Thanks in advance!

• danevron
    danevron
    Community Member
    Options

Hi @sjk‌,

I already sent a report to your support team. I got a ticket number of YGV-98494-131.
    I have located my vault files at ~/Library/Application Support/1Password\ 4/Data/OnePassword.sqlite
    But when I try to select it, it doesn't do nothing.

I must say that I didn't realise how mach I need this piece of software to work :-(

• sjk
    sjk
    1Password Alumni
    edited July 2014
    Options

Hi @danevron,

I've located your email with the report - thanks for sending that in! Someone from our support team will follow up in email as soon as they can to help you get this problem resolved.

Edit: I'll close this topic now and we'll keep the discussion going through email that you've already started with Kris.

This discussion has been closed.