Deleting attachments on iOS [Known Issue: Duplicate Item and Re-add Attachments]

Options
rlgleason51
rlgleason51
Community Member
edited July 2014 in iOS

I attached a photo of my passport on my Mac, which synced to my devices (iPhone 5 and iPad Ir, both with iOS 7.1.2). I renewed the passport and updated the info. I attached a new photo and deleted the old one. However, the deletion did not sync to my devices and I now have two attachments to. Y passport info, the old passport photo and the new passport photo (the photos have different names if that means anything).

I tried editing the attachment out but I can delete everything BUT the attachment. The only other option I could find is to delete the whole record and re-enter.

Is there another way to delete the old attachment photo from my devices?

Thanks

Comments

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni
    Options

I don't know of an elegant way - sorry but to save manually re-entering all the data you could right click on the passport item and select duplicate, that would at least save part of the pain.

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @rlgleason51,

I do apologize for the trouble here. Unfortunately, there is a bug our developers are currently tracking where deleted attachments continue to display in 1Password 4 for iOS. To get around this, as @littlebobbytables‌ suggests, duplicating the entry will duplicate all the details except for the attachments (and password history, not that it applies to the passport category). You can then attach the appropriate attachment, and delete the original entry.

I hope this helps, but we're here if you have any further questions!

• rlgleason51
    rlgleason51
    Community Member
    Options

This worked. Thanks to all who responded.

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @rlgleason51‌

I'm so glad to hear that re-creating the item worked for you. Since this issue is nicely sorted out now, I'll close this thread, but if you have any further questions or concerns, please don't hesitate to open a new thread, or email us directly at support@ agilebits .com - we're here for you. :)

This discussion has been closed.