Cmd + \ shortcut not working in Safari (after 10.9.4 update)

Options
Brad Wyatt
Brad Wyatt
Community Member
edited July 2014 in Mac

Hi

A few days ago I started getting an error about the browser code signature being untrusted, so I Googled it and disabled the option in 1Password settings. The error went away but now I can't use Cmd + \ to fill login details and, as you can imagine, that shortcut is about as critical as the air I breath! haha

I've read the pinned announcement at the top of the forum but I did not purchase 1Password from the Mac App Store. I downloaded and ran the script anyway as I was out of options, but the issue remains.

I can manually click the login to be filled and it will fill it, this issue is just the shortcut. I've verified the shortcut in the settings too.

Please can one of you fine people help me?

OS X 10.9.4
Safari 7.0.5
Extension Version: 4.2.3

1Password 4
Version 4.4.1 (441008)
Agile Web Store

Thank you!

Comments

• Stephen_C
    Stephen_C
    Community Member
    edited July 2014
    Options

I guess you may have seen it already but in case you haven't does anything in this knowledge base article help?

1Password fails to fill data

Stephen

• Brad Wyatt
    Brad Wyatt
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks Stephen, I have indeed already checked this and it doesn't apply to me.

• sjk
    sjk
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi Brad,

I'm sorry you're having trouble with the Command-\ shortcut for 1Password filling not working in Safari.

If you happen to have Sophos Antivirus software running, please take a look at @JasperP's post here for details about configuring Sophos:

Proven Solution (post #33)

Having to disable Verify browser code signature option for using 1Password with Safari would indicate another problem that should be addressed. If it's not Sophos, please send us a Diagnostics Report from your Mac, along with a link to this topic and your forum username, to support+forum@agilebits.com. A brief comment here mentioning that you've sent the report would also be helpful.

Once we see the report we'll be able to better assist you. Thanks in advance!

• desven
    desven
    Community Member
    Options

Hi.

After I upgraded my Mac to 10.9.4, two problems arose.

1. 1Password 4 (442003) tells me, the browser signature can not be validated. I disabled checking of the code signature to avoid this problem. But should this be necessary?

2. The standard short-cut to open the 1P Browser extension does not work anymore. I also tried an alternative shortcut without success. If I click on the icon, I can use the extension.

I already tried using the lateset beta, but this didn't change anything.
    Has anyone else this problem?

Cheers, Sven.

• sjk
    sjk
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi Sven ( @desven ),

Brad Wyatt reported a similar problem and I've merged your topic with his. I hope the suggestions here will help you resolve it; please let me know how it goes. :)

• Brad Wyatt
    Brad Wyatt
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks sjk - email sent. I do have Sophos and I added the localhost entry to no avail.

• sjk
    sjk
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi Brad,

I've been thoroughly searching for your email throughout the day and haven't been able to locate it. Can you send me a private message confirming the address that you sent it from? Thanks!

• desven
    desven
    Community Member
    Options

Hi SJK.

I added the Sophos exclusion and for me this solved the problem.

Thank you for the great support.

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @desven‌

On behalf of @sjk, thanks so much for letting us know that the Configuring Sophos article got you all sorted out!

We're here if you have any further questions or concerns. :)

• Brad Wyatt
    Brad Wyatt
    Community Member
    Options

Hi SJK - apologies! It was sat in my inbox.

It has now been sent, it has come with an email address with my name in it so you should see it.

Thank you

• sjk
    sjk
    1Password Alumni
    edited July 2014
    Options

Hi Brad,

Successfully received! :)

Someone from our support team will review the report you've emailed and get back to you as soon they can with more help to fix the filling shortcut problem.

internal reference number: SFH-15948-735

This discussion has been closed.