Notes are not synced correctly

Options
JodiSte01
JodiSte01
Community Member
edited July 2014 in iOS

I have encountered a strange behaviour in IOS. For some of my entries I added multiple lines of notes. Over time these notes have changed, but when I look at the notes today, I can see all the changes divided by a ==== line. When I delete all unnecessary information on my iPad and then sync it, go to my iPhone to sync and check, nothing has changed. The iPhone still shows all the data. Repeated syncing makes no difference.
Besides that, some of the older notes entries are only partially visible and you can't scroll to it. Only the spring action lets you see the hidden part but once you let go it disappears again. This happens when syncing via iCloud. I can't test it on my iMac as iCloud syncing is not working even with Meagan's advice.

Comments

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni
    edited July 2014
    Options

What advice have you been given in the past? If I didn't know any better it sounds like syncing is pretty knackered right now, are you sure it's working at all?

I've seen ==== in notes before and it's to do with sync conflicts. When I experienced them I don't think the entries differed at all but deleting them on my mac solved it and when I next synced to my phone all was good. Sadly for you I wasn't syncing by iCloud but via WiFi.

You may want to wait for Megan or another member of Agilebits to reply but my gut feeling would be you'd want to go through the steps of disabling syncing on all three devices and ensure as best as possible that iCloud is purged (they keep calling it a black box with the little control Apple allow, sounds like sometimes you have to wait even 20-30min). Then decide which device holds your up-to-date vault, and then start the whole sync process again from there, possibly even deleting the other vaults if you're confident that they don't hold anything that the good copy doesn't.

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @JodiSte01‌

Thanks for taking the time to write in to us about this odd behaviour. This is actually a known issue that our developers are already working on. As @littlebobbytables‌ mentions, the repeated notes separated by a ==== is the result of sync conflicts: for some reason 1Password isn't recognizing that the data in the note is the same, so it is 'helpfully' saving multiple copies, to ensure that data is not lost. (Which is a really handy safety measure ... when the data is actually different!) We'll do what we can to have this resolved for you soon.

However, I'm so sorry that my previous instructions didn't get things working for you. We'd be happy to take a closer look at things here. Could you please send us a Diagnostics Report?

http://learn2.agilebits.com/1Password4/diagnostic-report.html

(Please be sure to select the tab that corresponds to the version of 1Password you have installed currently)

Then attach the entire file to an email to us: support+forum@ agilebits .com

Please do not post your Diagnostics Report in the forums, but please do include a link to this thread in your email, along with your forum handle so that we can "connect the dots" when we see your Diagnostics Report in our inbox.

A short note here once you've sent the Report in will help us to keep an eye out for it. :)

Once we see the report we should be able to better assist you. Thanks in advance!

internal reference number: OPI-1065

This discussion has been closed.