1P Mac v4.4.1 will not accept email from Mail in the attachment area.

Options
Omen
Omen
Community Member

Hi,

I've always attached my Shareware bill to the Software entry for the company in 1P Mac. I'm not sure when this bug started, but whenever I drag & drop the email to the attachment area, it just goes back to the mail list. In other words, the mail attachment never sticks. This also goes for logins too.

Michael

OSX Maverics 10.9.4

Comments

• Stephen_C
    Stephen_C
    Community Member
    Options

I'm using 1P4 4.4.2.BETA-3 on OS X 10.9.4 and have just:

1. created a new test login item;
    2. dragged and dropped an email from Postbox (virtually a Thunderbird clone) to the attachment area

and it works for me. (I don't believe there were any material changes in attachment handling between your version of 1P4 and the one I'm using.) I'm not doubting your problem but I suspect we need some more details.

What email client are you using?

Stephen

• Omen
    Omen
    Community Member
    Options

I'm running Mail v7.3 that came with OSX 10.9.4 . I've been using this way to save mt serial no. mails for many years, but I don't doubt a bit that it could be Mail's problem. Mail's not been working right since Mavericks came about, and it's a real disgrace.

Do you use Postbox for all your Mail? I used it some time ago, but it was missing a few features that I needed.

Thanks.

Mike

• Jasper
    Options

Hi @Omen,

Just to confirm, is the Software item in edit mode when you are trying to drag and drop the attachment? (Click the "Edit" button, then drag a message from the Mail app.)

• Omen
    Omen
    Community Member
    Options

Hi @JasperP,

Yes, the password entry is in Edit mode. When I drag the mail message (looks like a little envelope), I give 1P some time to settle down. After a few seconds when 1P is in full control, I the 'envelope' to the attachment input area. But when I let go, the envelope just slides back to Mail. I've tried it several times, but it always comes out the same (I just tried it again now as we are speaking, still bad).

Is there some maximum limit that the 1P can handle? Maybe I'm running into some kind of ceiling? Just thinking out loud :)

Mike

• Stephen_C
    Stephen_C
    Community Member
    Options

I do exactly as you describe @Omen‌ and it works for me. I'm not sure if there is a size restriction on attachments in the OS X version of 1P4 but believe there's a 5MB restriction in the iOS version. Why not try adding just a very short email and see if that works?

Do you use Postbox for all your Mail?

Yes, it's my main email client and I'm pretty satisfied with it.

Stephen

• sjk
    sjk
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi Mike ( @Omen ),

Similar to what @Stephen_C suggested testing, is 1Password rejecting your attempt to attach any mail message to an item? And have you tried attaching other files to 1Password items?

Has your system been restarting since this problem began? Also, are you running the Agile Web Store or Mac Web Store version of 1Password 4.4.1?

@Megan recently mentioned, in file attachments - any size limitations?

The file size of attachments is restricted to 5MB on iOS and Android devices for this [space/bandwidth] reason - you will not be able to view larger attachments on your mobile devices.

I doubt you're running into a size limitation issue with 1Password attachments on your Mac. If you're unable to attach any files to 1Password items then it could be a permissions issue.

This discussion has been closed.