v4.2.4 extension not working with Firefox 28

Options
deangles
deangles
Community Member

I reported the following issue within the Firefox Add-on page but not sure where it goes and if anyone see or cares...

A few days ago (July 5), I updated my Firefox (FF) Add-ons and noted 1Password was updated but I did not notice the version number. I do not recall if it was later that day or the next day but clicking on the 1P icon resulted in an alert stating it could not find the extension and to install it. Hmm… I quit and relaunched Firefox 28 and 1P4 worked. All was well the next day until that evening when the problem happened again. This time I checked my Add-ons and 1P4 was listed but I “installed” the browser extension anyway. All was fine again until it happened again the next day (yesterday). Reinstalled again…

Then today, July 8, 2014, the problem happened again and I reinstalled again but then the icon disappeared. I tried to customize the toolbar but the icon was not there too. I removed 1P4 from the Add-ons. Quit Firefox. Launched 1P4 and choose to install browser extension, which launched Firefox landing on the AgileBits 1P4 browser extension web page, clicked the download button and then the Install button. 1P4 v4.2.4 shows in the Add-ons Manager but there is still no icon on the toolbar and the icon is NOT available to Customize toolbar window. I removed the extension again, quit Firefox, restarted my computer, launched 1P4, selected Install Browser Extensions, which repeated the previous stated process. Same result, i.e., no 1P4 icon in FF anywhere.

One forum thread suggested creating a new FF profile (https://discussions.agilebits.com/discussion/24259/latest-firefox-29-on-mac-not-working-with-1password-resolved). Well, I moved my FF profile and copied over a backup FF profile from the previous day which supposedly had 1P4 v4.2.4, restarted the computer, launched FF and still no 1P4 icon even though 1P4 is listed in the Add-ons.

I trashed FF and installed FF 27.0.1. The 1P4 icon showed. I then installed FF 28.0 and the 1P4 icon still showed and worked. The Add-ons list shows 1P4 version 4.2.3 and the Available Updates lists 1P4 version 4.2.4 Update. Hmm…1P4 reverted to the previous version after install an older version of FF, which works. Yay!

During this ordeal, 1P4 works with Safari 6.0.4 and 6.0.5 and when I check the extensions today, it shows 1P4 version 4.2.3. Chrome shows 1P4 version 4.2.3.90.

BTW: Upgrading FF beyond 28 is not an option.

Mac OX 10.8.5 with the latest updates
1P4 for Mac v4.4.1

Comments

• Jasper
    Options

Hi @deangles,

Sorry for the trouble! We accidentally released version 4.2.4.BETA-1 of the Firefox extension to everyone (released as 4.2.4). That update should no longer available. The current stable version of the extension is 4.2.3 (a stable version of 4.2.4 doesn't exist yet).

Do I understand correctly that version 4.2.3 is working well for you?

• deangles
    deangles
    Community Member
    Options

Ah hah! Yes, version 4.2.3 is working well. Thanks, JasperP!

• Jasper
    Options

You're welcome! Please let us know if you have any other questions. We're always happy to help! :)

This discussion has been closed.