MFA text box not displaying after using 1Password to fill Amazon AWS Logins [Under Investigation]

Options
imasevad
imasevad
Community Member
edited July 2014 in Mac

I'm using 1password we have an AWS login form with the following fields
Account: works
User Name: works
Password: works

• checkbox for MFA: works
    MFA code: This text box does not display, should be empty

Running MacBook Pro: OS X v 10.9.4
1Password: v4.4.1
Safari: v7.0.5 - 1p extn: 4.2.3
Firefox: v30.0 - 1p extn: 4.2.4
Chrome: v35.0.1916.153 - 1p extn: 4.2.3.90

The behavior is the same across the three browsers. I've looked thru other threads, tried the trouble shooting suggestions. I've re-installed the extensions, tried rebooting the MAC. The software and extensions are from AgileBits website, not from the AppStore.

Another user had it working correctly with Safari (v7.0.5) with an older 1Password extension -- unfortunately, we did not write down the extension version before he upgraded.

thanks

Comments

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @imasevad‌

I'm sorry to hear that you're having trouble with this Login. You mention trying the troubleshooting suggestions, but not specifically re-saving a Login manually. This often helps 1Password to re-learn the fields that it has to fill on a particular page. Let's try this:

• Edit the login that you currently have for this website by appending an "Old" to the title - just so you can tell them apart.
    • Visit the site and fill in the fields you want filled. Do NOT click the login button.
    • Click the 1Password extension, and unlock it if necessary.
    • Click the gear icon (or vault icon if multiple vaults are enabled) in the upper right corner.
    • Select Save new login.
    • Give the entry a unique and identifiable title.
    • Click Save.
    • Revisit the site and see if 1Password fills in the site correctly.

Please note that the extension you are using in Firefox currently is actually a beta version that was incorrectly released as stable. The most recent stable version of the extension is 4.2.3. So any odd behaviour you might be seeing in Firefox might be due to a slightly wonky extension. Our developers are working to get this sorted out just as soon as possible, but in the meantime, if you are able, please test this using Chrome or Safari first. :)

• imasevad
    imasevad
    Community Member
    Options

Hi Megan,

OK.. I tested with safari & chrome. I after saving the new login - it still does not display the text box for MFA Code: -- the other fields are filled in and the check box is checked, which should display the next box.
    Both originally and with the current test -- Submit is set to "Never submit" because we need to enter the MFA Code.

thanks

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @imasevad‌

I'm sorry that saving a new Login didn't work. I'm assuming this is an internal site that we are unable to test here? If we are able to access it, I'd love to get the URL from you.

I do have one last thing for you to test here: could you try saving a new Login that does not include the check box? I'm curious as to why checking the box doesn't display the MFA code as it should.

• imasevad
    imasevad
    Community Member
    Options

If I uncheck the box - then the next text box is not displayed - it should only be displayed when checked.

No it is not an internal site. It is AWS (amazon web services) console login for users into our accounts. The MFA (multi factor authentication) box is checked when you want to use MFA. We want the box to display and be empty since the token changes each time.

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @imasevad,

Are you able to then manually check the box and have the correct text box display? (I'm wondering if there is something wrong with the display in general, or if it only gets tangled up when 1Password checks the box.)

Since this isn't an internal site, I'd love to test this for myself. Could you share the URL with me?

• imasevad
    imasevad
    Community Member
    Options

Can I send you the link off line of this discussion ?

• sjk
    sjk
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @imasevad,

Sure, you can send @Megan that link as a private message here on the forum. Or, if you prefer, email it to support+forum@agilebits.com with Attn: Megan included in the Subject and your forum username in the text. Thanks!

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @imasevad‌

I just wanted to add an update to the thread, in addition to our message conversation, for anyone else who might come across this issue.

After seeing the site in question, I am able to recreate the behaviour. I've filed a request in our issue tracker, and our developers will look into this as soon as possible - thanks for bringing this to our attention!

internal reference number: OPX-522

This discussion has been closed.