1Password not filling login for Nationwide site [resolved using alternate login URL/page]

Options
AMCarter3
AMCarter3
Community Member
edited July 2014 in Mac

1Password (ver 4.1) is working fine in Firefox (ver 30) for 99% of my 570 log-ins. However, it does not work with the Nationwide.com site. It does require selecting a product category, such as "Annuities", from a list list of products in a drop-down menu before filling the blanks. Once I select "Annuities", 1P is unable to fill in the username and password. In fact, 1P does not even seem to recognize the site URL. I tried creating a new login - no effect. I have to manually copy/paste the info from 1P to log in. Any suggestions?

Comments

• AMCarter3
    AMCarter3
    Community Member
    Options

I handled it! I found a different login site for this company https://www.nationwide.com/access/web/login.htm. 1P does work on this site. :\">

• sjk
    sjk
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @AMCarter3,

Glad you found a solution for this using an alternate login page. Lots of financial sites do their darndest to confound 1Password. ;)

• AMCarter3
    AMCarter3
    Community Member
    Options

You've got that right... especially the insurance and annuity company sites it seems and some banks like B of A.

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @AMCarter3‌

For Bank of America, and other 2 page Logins, have a look at our instructions here: 1Password and Bank of America. They've proven quite useful for some of those tricky sites. :)

• AMCarter3
    AMCarter3
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks, Megan. With the support you guys provide, I'm doing fine now with the 2-page login sites I use. But, if I come across another unusual 2-page login site that I just can't get 1P to work with, should I send it to you all via this forum?

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @AMCarter3‌

We'd love to hear about any misbehaving Logins you come across. Either here in the forums, or directly via email at support@agilebits.com. :)

• sjk
    sjk
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @AMCarter3,

With your issue for this specific site now resolved I'll close this topic. As @Megan mentioned, feel free to let us know about other misbehaving Login issues you encounter, either here (in a new topic) or via email. Thanks!

This discussion has been closed.