Licence registration not installing

Options
ddunstan
ddunstan
Community Member

I have downloaded the licence file and the 1Password4 program but neither step will work to effect the registration: double clicking on the downloaded file or accessing "Licence" from the File Menu. Nothing happens. It would appear that I have the program I have paid for but registration is incomplete. What do I do?

Operating system is Mac OS X 10.9.4

The entries from my old 1Password3 have been imported with the passwords asterisked. I want to see them in text. Again what do I do?

Comments

• ddunstan
    ddunstan
    Community Member
    edited July 2014
    Options

I seem to have fixed this problem by downloading the program again. It appears that clicking on the download licence file before you download the program freezes things. I see now also how you reveal the text.

• sjk
    sjk
    1Password Alumni
    edited August 2014
    Options

Hi @ddunstan,

I'm sorry you had some initial trouble getting 1Password 4 license and glad to hear you were able to resolve it!

And even though you've already figured it out, here's information about revealing asterisk-concealed password fields:

Make sure that Conceal Passwords is disabled under the View menu:

Or disable the Conceal Passwords option under the Security tab of the Preferences window:

Using the Control-Command-P keyboard shortcut in the main application is a handy way to toggle that.

And when Conceal Passwords is enabled, you can press the Option key to temporarily reveal hidden passwords. That can be preferable to keeping passwords revealed.

If you'd like assistance with anything else please don't hesitate to ask - we're happy to help. :)

This discussion has been closed.