New Vault Sync Android

Options
gregramsaran
gregramsaran
Community Member

Hi, I was following the steps in Nik's last email for the Android Beta and I was able to create the new vault however syncing to Dropbox did not allow me to save/create the Vault sync there. I could do it via Local Storage but I tend to kill that storage so often it's more of a temp directory for me.

Thanks for keeping the beta running!

Comments

• AgBitSpring
    AgBitSpring
    Community Member
    Options

I also had trouble syncing with Dropbox after following the emailed steps. In the end, I uninstalled it altogether and then reinstalled the latest version and all was good - the sync with dropbox worked perfectly.

• Charles Butcher
    Charles Butcher
    Community Member
    Options

It worked fine for me, assuming I've correctly understood the instructions – these could have been a bit clearer IMO.

I updated the beta, cleared the app's data, said I was a new user, went through the "quick intro" screens, then set up sync with Dropbox and all was OK. Did I miss a separate step of telling 1P to create a new vault, or is this implied in the steps I took?

• gregramsaran
    gregramsaran
    Community Member
    Options

I think we were to create a new Vault

• Damien Schreurs
    Damien Schreurs
    Community Member
    Options

When trying to sync the new vault with Dropbox, 1Password tells me that it already found one vault, called 1Password.agilekeychain and asks me if I'd like to merge my local data with this vault. There I have 2 choices: either "Merge" or "Browse".
    I don't want to merge, so I choose "Browse" then navigate to another folder in Dropbox but then get an error message telling me "Vault not found".
    Of course, the vault cannot be found since I just created it on my Android device.

Then rather than trying to sync with Dropbox, I tried syncing with a local storage, by choosing my local Dropbox folder.
    Here too, it found that a file called 1Password.agilekeychain already exists and when tapping "Creating vault here", it gives me an error message saying "Please ensure a vault in /Apps/1Password does not already exists"

Could it be possible to choose a name for the vault that would be different from 1Password.agilekeychain?

• saad
    Options

Hi everyone! Thanks so much for helping us beta test vault creation. I am sorry for the confusion. Let me clarify a couple things that were brought up in this discussion:

1. You cannot create a new vault in Dropbox if 1Password finds an existing vault in the default locations. The default locations we check is what’s indicated in the.ws.agile.1Password.settings file (if there is one) and the /Apps/1Password/ directory. If 1Password finds a vault in Dropbox, it will ask you if you want to select and merge to that data file. From here, you have the option to browse for another .agilekeychain instead and locate the vault through the file browser. If 1Password does not find a vault in the default locations, it will ask you if you want to create a new one instead.

2. Local storage sync is a little different. There isn’t a default location so you can manually browse your filesystem and select an existing vault or create a new vault where you like.

3. It is not possible to choose a different name for the vault at the moment. The new data file is named "1Password.agilekeychain".

I hope that helps. Let me know if you have any other questions. :)

• djgdroid
    djgdroid
    Community Member
    Options

Not sure if I followed Nik's email correctly because I got a different option for the new vault. I cleared 1passwords data and updated the beta. I said I was a new user, went through the "quick intro" screens, set up sync with Dropbox. When trying to sync the new vault with Dropbox, 1Password tells me that it already found one vault, called 1Password.agilekeychain but instead of asking me if I want to "Merge" or "Browse" it asked me to "Select Vault" or "Browse". I'm not exactly sure if the option said select vault or something else but it wasn't merge. Did I do something wrong. I seem to have all my logins.

• saad
    Options

Hi @djgdroid. If you did not add any new items to the vault you created, you will not be asked to Merge your data with the 1Password.agilekeychain you have selected. Merging only happens when you have items in the newly created vault and you're setting up sync to another vault (.agilekeychain) that could have additional items. In this case, both your local data and the data in your .agilekeychain will get merged after you confirm.

This discussion has been closed.