Auto-Fill Fails in Firefox Until Browser Restart [moved to email]

Options
initiator
initiator
Community Member
edited August 2014 in Mac

I'm using 1Password 4.4.1 mostly with Firefox as my default browser. I've been noticing a strange thing happening more and more lately. I'll launch Firefox and go to a website where I need to login. I use the keyboard shortcut to auto-fill and login via 1Password. It works as expected. I'll be on that site for a while, then move to another site in a new tab. When I try to login to the new site via 1Password, it does not work. No matter what I do, I can't get auto-fill to work. The only fix--and it's a frustrating one--is to restart Firefox and login again. Only then does 1Password work as expected. There doesn't seem to be any rhyme or reason to this. It isn't the same site. It could be any site.

I'm running the latest version of 1Password. I have the latest browser plugin installed. 1Password mini is running. I'm stumped. I've seen this through several versions of 1Password 4.

I'm not sure if this is a known issue, but I wanted to see if others have experienced it. I also wanted to see if AgileBits is aware of this.

Thanks

Comments

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @initiator,

I'm so sorry to hear that you're having trouble with Firefox lately. Now, there was a recent glitch with our Firefox extension, so I'd love to confirm the version numbers of your browser extension, your browser and your OS.

I'd also love a bit more detail on the steps that you are taking to fill Logins. The more detail you can provide, the more likely we'll be able to recreate this issue - which is the first step in squashing bugs like this. ;)

• Mirpurlady
    Mirpurlady
    Community Member
    Options

I, too, am running Firefox 30.0 with 1P 4.4.1. (I don't know how to find the version numbers of the browser extension.) I've tried putting the 127.0.0.1 numbers into Sophos Preferences, restarted browser, but it still no longer auto fills. I go to my mini 1P browser extension, start typing my credit card, click on it when it comes up, but nothing happens. Ideas?

• sjk
    sjk
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @Mirpurlady,

You can find Firefox browser extension information in the Extensions tab of the Add-ons Manager, as seen here.

This support article has troubleshooting tips, some which you might have have already tried, that could help resolve your filling problem:

1Password fails to fill data

If you still stuck after that, please send us a Diagnostics Report from your Mac, along with a link to this topic and your forum username, to support+forum@agilebits.com. A brief comment here mentioning that you've sent the report would also be helpful so we can keep an eye open for it. :)

Thank you!

• initiator
    initiator
    Community Member
    Options

Hi @Megan,

Happy to help you track this issue down. Here is the info you requested:

1Password Browser Extension: 4.2.3
    Firefox Version: 31

I have 1Password mini always running. I typically use keyboard shortcuts to auto-fill, but also use the 1Password icon.

Let me know what else I can provide you

Steve

• sjk
    sjk
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @initiator,

Thanks for that additional information. You shouldn't have the "recent glitch with our Firefox extension" that @Megan referred to using 4.2.3.

Have you had a look at the article for troubleshooting tips when 1Password fails to fill data mentioned in my reply @Mirpurlady? If nothing there helps, please
    email us a Diagnostics Report (also mentioned in my reply) so we can get a closer look at your 1Password configuration and suggest how you can resolve this filling issue. Thanks again!

• initiator
    initiator
    Community Member
    Options

Hi @sjk‌,

Yes, I have tried all that to no avail. I'd be happy to send a diagnostic report. Tell me what you need and where to send it to.
    Thanks

• sjk
    sjk
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @initiator,

Sorry to hear that everything you've tried so has failed to fix your problem. The instructions for sending the Diagnostic Report are in post #4. We'll be watching for it. :)

• initiator
    initiator
    Community Member
    Options

@sjk‌
    Problem occurred again this morning. I have sent the diagnostic report as instructed. Hope we can figure this one out. It is very frustrating.
    Thanks

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @initiator,

We've received your Diagnostics Report - thanks for sending it in! I've added the relevant details from this forum post to make it easier for our team to track the issue down. Someone from the support team will get back to you as soon as possible with some details. We'll keep the conversation going directly via email to avoid complicating things between here and there. :)

ref: CVX-67972-291

• initiator
    initiator
    Community Member
    Options

Hi @Megan,

Great. Thanks. If you need more information, please let me know. I continue to experience this issue on a daily basis. Looking forward to figuring out what the cause is.

• Jasper
    edited August 2014
    Options

You're welcome! It looks like Eva from our support team has responded to your email with some suggestions and we'll keep the discussion going there. :)

This discussion has been closed.