Update existing login dialogue does not appear [moved to email]

Options
reebee
reebee
Community Member
edited July 2014 in Mac

Using 1P4 for mac on Safari. When I try to change an existing password, the update existing login does not appear. I have to complete the process manually, a real pain. Please advise. What can I do to get the dialogue to appear and automate the process as it shows in the user manual? Thanks.

Comments

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @reebee,

I'm sorry that the 'Update Login' prompt is not appearing. The first thing to check is in Preferences > Browser. Is 'Automatically ask to Save new Logins' checked?

If it is, I'm curious - is 1Password neglecting to pop up on all sites or are there one or two that seem to misbehave? Please send along the URLs of the sites that 1Password is not recognizing, it will help us improve 1Password's behaviour here.

Please note that there are a few features in 1Password that can help make your life easier in situations where you do not get this pop-up. If you are using the password generator in 1Password Mini or the browser extension to create your new password by default when you select the 'Fill' option, this new password will also be copied to your clipboard. You can confirm if this option is enabled by clicking the arrow next to the 'Fill' button. 'Copy to Clipboard Before Filling' should be checked. Then, if 1Password does not prompt you to update your existing Login, you simply have to open the Login in 1Password and paste the new password into the appropriate field.

Additionally, 1Password saves all generated passwords that have not been converted into Logins in the 'Passwords' category.

I hope this helps, but please do let me know if there are a few URLs you'd like us to investigate.

• reebee
    reebee
    Community Member
    Options

Yes, "Automatically ask to save . . ." is checked. So far it hasn't worked anywhere. Here are a couple of examples where it doesn't work:

https://carenet.fnfismd.com/usbank/ACCLogin.jsp?src=homedropdown

https://online.metlife.com/edge/web/public/loginError

• MikeT
    Options

Hi @reebee,

I was able to get the auto-save prompts from 1Password on both sites you listed.

Can you list your versions, so I can try to replicate your setups. I need the version information for the following:

1. Safari and OS X
    2. The 1Password extension version, you can find out by opening Safari, go to the Safari menu > Preferences > Extensions and click on 1Password on the left sidebar. The version will show up on the right next to the 1Password menu.
  • reebee
    reebee
    Community Member
    Options

OS X 10.9.4
    Safari Version 7.0.5 (9537.77.4)
    1Password 4.2.3

Thanks

• reebee
    reebee
    Community Member
    Options

Mike,
    Please note that I get the auto save dialogue for new sites. It is when I am changing passwords on an existing login that I fail to get the update existing login dialogue.
    Reebee

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @reebee,

I'm glad to hear that 1Password is prompting you to save new Logins. Unfortunately, it's a bit tricky for us to test the 'Update Existing Login' dialogue for sites where we don't have active accounts. Could you please send us the page source from the site's change password page? When you're viewing the page, simply use File > Save As and select 'Page Source'. Attach that file in an email to support@agilebits.com. Please do include a link to this thread in your email, along with your forum handle so that we can "connect the dots" when we see your Diagnostics Report in our inbox.

A short note here once you've sent the email in will help us to keep an eye out for it. :)

Thanks in advance!

• sjk
    sjk
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @reebee,

We've got your email with the page source; thanks for sending that in! I'll close this topic now and we'll continue the discussion through email so wires aren't getting crossed between here and there. :)

internal reference number: GXP-14517-978

This discussion has been closed.