Password no longer filled in on some web sites

Options
soob
soob
Community Member

1Password is no longer filling in the password on https://www.rei.com/YourAccountLoginView -- this was working in the past. Running Safari 7.0.5 (9537.77.4), 1Password extension 4.2.3, OS X 10.9.4

I haven't ried updating the login after filling in the password manually, I'd like to know why it stopped working (and get it to work without updating anything) first, if possible.

Is there a better way to report problems with the filling-in of credentials on pages? I'm pretty sure there are some other pages that aren't working but I haven't reached out for help until now. I'd like to report the others as I stumble upon them.

Thanks, Jim

Comments

• fredo
    fredo
    Community Member
    Options

I am also seeing this behavior on multiple sites.
    Safari 7.0.5 (9537.77.4)
    OS X 10.9.4
    1P extension 4.2.3

Example site: https://accounts.craigslist.org/login

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi Jim ( @soob ) and @fredo,

Whenever a particular site has stopped working, the quickest way to get things resolved is usually to manually save a new Login. Let's try this:

• Edit the login that you currently have for this website by appending an "Old" to the title - just so you can tell them apart.
    • Visit the site and fill in the fields you want filled. Do NOT click the login button.
    • Click the 1Password extension, and unlock it if necessary.
    • Click the gear icon (or vault icon if multiple vaults are enabled) in the upper right corner.
    • Select Save new login.
    • Give the entry a unique and identifiable title.
    • Click Save.
    • Revisit the site and see if 1Password fills in the site correctly.

Using these steps I was able to create a successful Login for both rei.com and craigslist.

There are many reasons that a site may have stopped filling correctly. Often it is because the site has made some changes to its code that affect the way 1Password finds and fills the fields. Re-saving a new Login allows 1Password to re-learn the fields it needs to fill.

I hope these steps get you all sorted out, but if you have any further questions, we're here to help!

• soob
    soob
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks Megan, that sounds like a solution for the password issue, I'll give it a try.

However, that poses another challenge: how do I merge these two saved logins? Let's say the original login was saved during the registration process on a site and contains all of the web fields from the registration page (security questions/answers, etc). Now I have a login with all my info that doesn't work and one login that works but has no info. I don't want to copy all that data from old to new and I'd rather not keep the old login around.

Thanks, Jim

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi Jim ( @soob ),

At this time it is not possible to merge Logins. It sounds like a useful option though, and we do have a feature request open in our issue tracker for this. I'd be happy to add a vote for you (and me too!)

I know that copying and pasting from one item to another isn't ideal, but 1Password Mini makes it as easy as possible with the anchor feature. Simply find your old Login in 1Password Mini, view the details and click the anchor icon in the bottom corner. This will pin the details to your screen so that you can copy and paste without having to switch between entries.

I hope this helps make things a bit easier!

internal reference number: OPM-1804

• soob
    soob
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks Megan, I can live with the limitation (and workaround) for know, knowing there's hope it will get address in the future, Near future, right?

BTW, there's no way I can find to copy/move/create/whatever the web form details from one entry to another. Seems like the only option is to create a section and add label/value pairs

Thanks, Jim

• Jasper
    edited July 2014
    Options

Hi Jim,

Thanks Megan, I can live with the limitation (and workaround) for know, knowing there's hope it will get address in the future, Near future, right?

We don't normally comment on unreleased features, so I can't promise if/when this will be added. Sorry! Hopefully the workaround is sufficient for now. :)

BTW, there's no way I can find to copy/move/create/whatever the web form details from one entry to another. Seems like the only option is to create a section and add label/value pairs

That's correct. Web form details are saved automatically by the browser extension when the login is created, and there is no way to manually add new web form fields currently.

internal reference number: OPM-429

This discussion has been closed.