Trouble with Identity filling on PayPal checkout forms [known issue; better with 4.2.4.b3 extension]

Options
sjk
sjk
1Password Alumni
edited July 2014 in Mac
This discussion was created from comments split from: 1Password doesn't work for Agilebits Forums or for Paypal!.

Comments

• GeorgeRudd
    GeorgeRudd
    Community Member
    Options

A few weeks ago I started having trouble filling in PayPal forms from my stored Identities with 1Password (FireFox 28, 29, 30 - Mac 10.8.5). I just tried upgrading to the latest beta (4.4.2.BETA-3) and I did not correct the problem. Can you please tell me why the attached page will not populate with one password?

Thanks.

• GeorgeRudd
    GeorgeRudd
    Community Member
    edited July 2014
    Options

I just tried it with Chrome (36.0.1985.125) and that does not work either. What a little strange is that the form is a little different in Chrome. It does not have the same tab options as FireFox.

• sjk
    sjk
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @GeorgeRudd,

Thank you for reporting this issue, with the helpful images. I've split your comments into a new topic about it.

When filling PayPal checkout forms like this with an Identity item it triggers a Country selection and a refresh, leaving other fields unfilled. I've field a bug for that misbehavior. Please let me know if something different is happening for you and I'll update the bug. Thanks again!

internal reference number: OPX-538

• GeorgeRudd
    GeorgeRudd
    Community Member
    Options

That is the same problem that I am having.

• sjk
    sjk
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Thank for confirming it, @GeorgeRudd. We'll see what we can do about getting 1Password to properly fill thosePayPay "guest" forms.

• GeorgeRudd
    GeorgeRudd
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks for looking into this. It worked for many months with no problems. Not sure if PayPal changed something or if a 1Password update broke it.

• sjk
    sjk
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Yup, that's noted with the bug I filed. :)

• GeorgeRudd
    GeorgeRudd
    Community Member
    Options

Any ETA on a patch for this? If not, can you tell me which update broke this so I can try and roll back my version? Thanks.

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @GeorgeRudd,

Thanks for checking in on us! Unfortunately I don't have much of an update for you at this time. This doesn't mean our developers aren't working on it, but it seems this is a bit of a tricky bug.

We really appreciate your patience as we work to get this issue sorted out!

• GeorgeRudd
    GeorgeRudd
    Community Member
    Options

Can you tell me if the problem is related to a 1PW update or did PayPal change how their submission forms work?

• sjk
    sjk
    1Password Alumni
    edited July 2014
    Options

Hi @GeorgeRudd‌,

Turns out this is mostly a regression with at least versions 4.2.2 and 4.2.3 of the extension unconditionally (re)selecting Country on the form and triggering a refresh with any Identity item filling.

4.2.4.BETA-3, 4.2.1, and possibly earlier versions are able to fill without selecting Country on the form (and refreshing) if it matches the country from the Identity item. In other words, filling with an Identity item that has the same country in its address as Country on the form (Unites States in your images) should work okay. There will still be a refresh (to an empty form) after any fill when the item/form countries differ, but a followup fill can succeed once they're the same.

Could you give version 4.2.4.BETA-3 of the extension a try and let us know if it behaves like that for you when filling this type of PayPal form? Ultimately we want form filling to happen whether or not the Country changes and a page refresh/update occurs but, as @Megan mentioned, it's a tricky bug.

Thanks!

• GeorgeRudd
    GeorgeRudd
    Community Member
    Options

Browser extension 4.2.4.BETA-3 corrects the problem. Thanks.

• sjk
    sjk
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Thanks for the quick testing and followup, @GeorgeRudd. Glad to hear the beta extension works better for you!

This discussion has been closed.