Using 1Password4 for Mac, 2 different profiles, 1 not synching changes

Options
gtonthebus
gtonthebus
Community Member
edited July 2014 in Mac

So we just discovered that changes that my wife makes when she is on her profile on our iMac or MacBook Pro do not show up in her 1Password Chrome button or by opening the main app. However, her changes DO show up on 1PasswordAnywhere AND on my other devices (my profile's 1P app, my work comp, my iPhone). Her sync is pointing to the right Dropbox file. Can anyone think of a reason why she would not see the changes she herself made, yet I do?! Thanks. (in this instance she deleted one old login and made a new one, just so you know what was done).

Comments

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @gtonthebus‌

I'm sorry to hear that you're having trouble with 1Password right now. In order to get this sorted out, I'll need to know a little bit more about your 1Password ecosystem:

• What are the version numbers of 1Password and your operating system for all computers and devices running 1Password?
    • Do you have multiple vaults enabled, or are you and your wife sharing a vault?

The more detail you can provide, the more quickly we'll be able to get you sorted out! :)

• gtonthebus
    gtonthebus
    Community Member
    Options

Hi Megan, Thanks. We are using 4.4.1 at home on a MacBook Pro OS 10.9.4 (where we originally installed 1P) and now on our new iMac (still 4.4.1 and 10.9.4). I have it on my iPhone 5S (latest update) and then on my work computer (Windows 1.0.9.333), I haven't updated because it was my understanding this might lead to an issue with Dropbox sync)?. We have one vault, shared.
    After some more playing around with this, here's what I have found. The ONLY place where changes are not being synched is from my wife's MacBook Pro profile. When I do something there, it does not show up anywhere else. Nor did one addition I made (this forum actually!) appear in 1PW Anywhere. So I'm stumped. Why would only 1 profile on 1 computer be suspect and the other profile, same computer, work? Any advice/guidance appreciated...thx!

• gtonthebus
    gtonthebus
    Community Member
    Options

And why is the avatar face 1PW gave me so angry?!

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @gtonthebus,

I haven't updated because it was my understanding this might lead to an issue with Dropbox sync

I don't believe there are any issues with Dropbox sync in 1Password 4 for Windows, it should detect your file in Dropbox and prompt you to unlock. However, let's get you sorted out first before we worry too much about that. :)

Let's try resetting sync:

• Ensure that 1Password is quit on your work machine

• On your iOS devices, open 1Password 4 for iOS, tap Settings > Sync > Sync Service and choose 'Disable Sync’.

• On the Mac, in each user account, open 1Password 4 for Mac, and click the 1Password menu, then Preferences. Click Sync, and click Change syncing.

• Check the box to remove the data from Dropbox and confirm that you want to disable sync.

• Restart the Mac and iOS devices.

• Check your Dropbox folder and delete any other 1Password folders or files that the remove data checkbox did not take care of.

• On the Mac in the first account, go back to the Sync preferences, and click Dropbox. Click Choose vault, then navigate to your Dropbox folder and select Open. This will regenerate a 1Password folder in Dropbox, and that will contain a new 1Password.agilekeychain file.

• Allow Dropbox to fully sync.

• On the Mac in the second account, go back to the Sync preferences, and click Dropbox. Click Choose vault, then navigate to your Dropbox folder and select the new 1Password.agilekeychain file that was just generated there.

• Go back into the iOS app and re-enable Dropbox sync.

That should get everything on the same page!

And why is the avatar face 1PW gave me so angry?!

I'm not quite sure what logic (if any!) the forum software uses to choose smiley face avatars of forum users who haven't uploaded a photo ... but I'm with you - I sure do wish some of them were happier. :)

This discussion has been closed.