Uninstall 1Password 3 browser extensions [moved to email]

Options
Boxergal
Boxergal
Community Member
edited July 2014 in Mac

I have Firefox 30.0 installed on my MacBook Pro and recently updated to 1Password version 4.1.2 (412009). Now I keep getting an error message that says an old 1Password extension is still installed. I followed these instructions for Firefox that are posted on your website http://learn2.agilebits.com/1Password4/Mac/en/KB/v3-extensions.html
but when I follow the steps for Firefox, I don't see the manual login that I created.
When I go to Firefox / Tools / Addons, I only see one 1Password addon - v 3.9.20

The error message is starting to annoy me. Next steps?

Comments

• sjk
    sjk
    1Password Alumni
    edited July 2014
    Options

Hi @Boxergal,

I'm sorry you're having trouble uninstalling the 1Password 3 extension for Firefox. We can take care of that shortly. :)

But first, how did you recently update to 1Password version 4.1.2 (412009)? That's an older Mac App Store build, released on 2014-01-07. Please run App Store, select the Updates tab, and download/install the current version (4.4.1 at the moment) if you find it there.

Please retry instructions for removing the 1Password 3 extension for Firefox. If that's successful, open the 1Password 4 Browser Extension page in Firefox and install the version 4 extension.

I hope that helps. Please let us know how it goes. :)

• Boxergal
    Boxergal
    Community Member
    Options

I updated to the latest version and removed the password 3 extension and installed the 1Password 4 extension. Now I am missing some of my login information, including the one that I added for this site before making the changes and the manual one I entered earlier today. How can I get the most current logins that I've added back?

• Boxergal
    Boxergal
    Community Member
    Options

And I tried to open the 1Password application and I get an error message "1Password is damaged and can't be opened. Delete 1Password and download it again from the App store." Will that overwrite my stored logins & passwords?

• sjk
    sjk
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @Boxergal,

You should be able to remove the damaged Mac App Store version of 1Password.app using Launchpad, which will not touch any of your 1Password data. Then you can run App Store, select the Purchases tab, find 1Password, and click the INSTALL button to download/install a fresh copy.

I'm so sorry that you've lost some information after the 1Password 3 extension was removed. To better assist you with restoring it, please send us a Diagnostics Report from your Mac, along with a link to this topic and your forum username, to support+forum@agilebits.com. A brief comment here mentioning that you've sent the report would also be helpful so we can keep an eye out for it. :)

Thanks in advance!

• Boxergal
    Boxergal
    Community Member
    Options

I deleted and reinstalled 1Password and now it doesn't work at all. Diagnostic report on its way.

• sjk
    sjk
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @Boxergal,

We've received your email with the report - thanks for sending that in! Someone from our support team will review it and get back to you as soon as they can with suggestions for resolving these issues you're having with 1Password.

internal reference number: MIY-59479-839

• Boxergal
    Boxergal
    Community Member
    Options

Since my original post has been closed, I'm opening another one. The support appointment that I set up was not kept by the person assigned to help me. This is my issue https://discussions.agilebits.com/discussion/27169/uninstall-1password-3-browser-extensions?new=1
    This is my case # #MIY-59479-839]
    Next steps?

• sjk
    sjk
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @Boxergal,

Steve has responded to your email about the appointment with options for rescheduling. Please feel free to start another topic here if you haven't received the email or have any other questions. We both apologize for the delays in getting this resolved for you.

This discussion has been closed.