Lost data in synchronized agilekeychain [moved to email]

Options
arynhard
arynhard
Community Member
edited July 2014 in Mac

Hello,

I have been synchronizing my agilekeychain with bittorrent sync. Recently I had to download the keychain again but upon opening it up I found that random data is missing. Some logins are no longer there, a secure note with an important attachment, and other oddities. This is not the first time this has happened. This began when, at one point in time, I had separate vaults and decided to merge them into one. I used the Item->Share->Copy option to move everything into the main vault. Luckily I kept the old vaults around because every time I have had to reinstall 1password and use the main vault, random data is missing each time. This also happens if I create a copy of the keychain, then reinstall OS X and then try to open the vault again. I have recent additions to the newest vault that are missing and cannot recover. Is this a known bug?

Comments

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    edited July 2014
    Options

Hi @arynhard‌

I'm so sorry to hear that you've been having trouble here!

Unfortunately, BitTorrent Sync is not an officially supported solution at this time. Because we haven't tested 1Password using this sync solution, there may be some aspects of it that we are unfamiliar with, and we can't guarantee we'll be able to get this working perfectly for you.

That being said, we'll do our best to help you get this sorted out.

It is important to note that in 1Password 4, your data is always stored locally within the Library in addition to the sync location. If a keychain is missing some information, we are often able to reset sync based on the locally stored information and get everything back up and running.

because every time I have had to reinstall 1password and use the main vault, random data is missing each time.

How often are you having to reinstall 1Password? Are you using an app cleaner program when you do so?

In order to get this sorted out, I will need to know a bit more about your complete 1Password ecosystem:

• What are the version numbers of both 1Password and your operating systems for all computers and devices currently running 1Password?
    • How have you configured 1Password to sync in order to make use of the BitTorrent Sync? (I'm assuming you're using Folder Sync, but I'd love a few more details.

The more information you are able to provide, the more quickly we'll be able to get to the bottom of this!

• arynhard
    arynhard
    Community Member
    edited July 2014
    Options

Hi @Megan‌

1Password version 4.4.1
    OS X 10.9.4

I am using folder sync. I have been doing a lot of development on my machine and have had to reinstall a few times. The most recent reason was because my computer crashed. I don't think the issue is bittorrent sync. Even when I have copied the keychain directly and tried to open it after a fresh install there is data missing. Before the copy everything was fine, after the copy and reinstall data is missing. Please let me know if that answers your questions.

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @arynhard‌

Thanks for getting back to me with that information! In order to find out what's going on with your data, we'll need to take a closer look at your system.

I'd like to ask you to create a Diagnostics Report from your Mac:
    http://learn2.agilebits.com/1Password4/diagnostic-report.html#mac4

Then attach the entire file to an email to us: support@agilebits.com

Please do not post your Diagnostics Report in the forums, but please do include a link to this thread in your email, along with your forum handle so that we can "connect the dots" when we see your Diagnostics Report in our inbox.

A short note here once you've sent the Report in will help us to keep an eye out for it. :)

Once we see the report we should be able to better assist you. Thanks in advance!

• arynhard
    arynhard
    Community Member
    Options

@Megan‌
    Thank you. I have sent it off.

• sjk
    sjk
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @arynhard,

We've received your email with the report - thanks for sending that in! Someone from our support team will review it and get back to you as soon as they can with suggestions for resolving these data corruption/syncing issues you're having with 1Password.

internal reference number: IZZ-13275-734

• arynhard
    arynhard
    Community Member
    Options

@sjk‌

Thank you for the fast response.

• sjk
    sjk
    1Password Alumni
    Options

You're welcome, @arynhard.

I'll close this discussion now and we'll keep it going through email to get things all sorted out for you. :)

This discussion has been closed.