How can I save ALL raw web form details again?

Options
MacAlchemist
MacAlchemist
Community Member
edited July 2014 in Mac

Hello Forum,

I am using 1Password for over 8 years (alt least Version2) now and I have stored more than 1120 LogIns including a lot of web form details. Also a lot of my customers use 1Password for also this reason.

Is it right, that I can not store web form details with one click (extra raw data) any more?
I don't mind if these Infos are stored as Web form details or Custom Filed.

Beside the User and Password infos for me and my customers it is very important to know, who has my credit card infos and which Address has to be changed, if I have to move my office or home to a different address. Because English is not my mother language, it may be, that I misunderstood the Post of Megan: "webform details were never meant to store information other than the details that 1Password needs to fill". I hope so.
These web forms are part of efficincy workflows.

I understand the feature "show Web form details", but I agree with PLMan to have a little setup button for that. If you have to store or restore i.E. my WebEx LogIns again and again, I would like to see, which email address was submitted the what time. This helps if you want to make an audit history.

I have tested it on my Mac 10.9.4 with 1Password 4.4.1 on Safari 7.0.5 and my colleague teste it with Firefox 30.
Is there a workaround to run 1Password 3 on Mavericks?

Comments

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @MacAlchemist‌

Thanks so much for supporting 1Password! I'll do my best to answer your questions for you here.

Is it right, that I can not store web form details with one click (extra raw data) any more?

You are correct. In 1Password 4 you cannot add web form details. There is a [workaround] that can make this possible, but since you mention that "I don't mind if these Infos are stored as Web form details or Custom Filed.", I would strongly recommend that you store these extra details in the custom sections provided instead of the web form details. If the information you are including here is information that you do not want to be seen, you can select the password field type and the information will be obscured behind dots.

Beside the User and Password infos for me and my customers it is very important to know, who has my credit card infos and which Address has to be changed, if I have to move my office or home to a different address.

I like having this sort of information available within my Logins as well. Instead of storing it in a custom section however, I've been using tags. I have an 'address' tag and a 'credit card' tag. If I ever need to update either of these details, I can simply click on the tag in the sidebar to see all of the entries that need to be updated. It's quite handy. :)

Is there a workaround to run 1Password 3 on Mavericks?

1Password 3 can run on Mavericks, although since it was designed for a much earlier operating system, you might see a few hiccups ... and you'll be missing out on a lot of great new features in version 4. If you would prefer to downgrade, I can provide you with instructions on how to do so, but I do hope I've given you a some options here that will help you stick with version 4.

• MacAlchemist
    MacAlchemist
    Community Member
    Options

Hi Megan,

thank you for your detailed answer.
    Please think about putting this feature back! I don't want to go back in time, where I had to make PDFs out of every website where I had to register.
    PDFs are made within two shortcuts, adding TAGs 1Password are not.

Controlling what kind of Security Questions and Answers I used at Registrations by typing it into 1Password fields is much worse.
    In these days where a password is not enough I am using also random answers without any sense.
    And: Using the same Answers and Questions to use Tags is a big step back, where we used the same passwords and not a password generator!!!
    In my opinion it is not just a small feature you are leaving behind, you are going into the wrong direction.

PLEASE SEE THIS A HUGE BEG AND A POSITIVE KRITIK.
    You have done a good job so far!

Please send me the instructions to downgrade to Version 3 on Mavericks.

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @MacAlchemist,

I'm sorry to hear that you've decided to downgrade, but here are the instructions you'll need to follow to get 1Password 3 back up and running on your system:

• In 1Password, go to Preferences > Sync and enable Folder Sync.
    • Save the 1Password.agilekeychain file to your desktop.
    • Use Command-Control-Q to quit both 1Password and the Mini
    • Open a Finder Window to the following location:

~/Library/Application Support/1Password/

• (If a 1Password folder does not exist there, you can create one.)
    • Move the 1Password.agilekeychain file from your desktop into that folder so that the path is

~/Library/Application Support/1Password/1Password.agilekeychain

• Download a legacy versions of 1Password 3
    • When you open 1Password 3 for the first time, select 'Existing datafile'. 1Password should locate your keychain for you and prompt you to enter your Master Password.
    • Drag the 1Password 4 application to the Trash.
    • Ensure that you remove all your version 4 browser extensions and install the version 3 browser extensions from our extension download page.

In any case, I'm also hoping that you can help me understand how my two options are not useful in your situation. What information are you wanting to store in the web form details?

Controlling what kind of Security Questions and Answers I used at Registrations by typing it into 1Password fields is much worse. In these days where a password is not enough I am using also random answers without any sense.

Storing your details in custom fields here would not be controlling the type of answers you provide. In fact, it might make generating those answers even easier! When you select the 'password' type for a field, you will see a small combination lock icon. Just tap on that to bring up the password generator and then you can create a random answer for the security question right within the entry.

And: Using the same Answers and Questions to use Tags is a big step back, where we used the same passwords and not a password generator!!!

I apologize if I was unclear. The tags suggestion of course would not work well for security questions and answers. This suggestion was meant to help keep track of which sites have your credit card information and/or address, which you said was important to you.

This discussion has been closed.