Weirdness at simple.com [resolved by saving new Login item]

Options
eurobubba
eurobubba
Community Member
edited July 2014 in Mac

Does anyone else have an account with bank.simple.com? I can log in there only by manually copying and pasting my password from the 1Password item, but not by using the mini app, browser extension, or keyboard shortcut. One odd clue is that my correct username there begins with a lower-case letter and is displayed as such in 1Password, but if I try to use the extension, mini app, or keyboard shortcut to log in, it is displayed on the website starting with an upper-case letter. Login still fails if I manually edit it before submitting. However, if I type it manually and copy the password from 1Password, everything is fine. What's up with that?

Comments

• sjk
    sjk
    1Password Alumni
    edited August 2014
    Options

Hi @eurobubba,

That does sound like a peculiar problem. :)

Please try saving a new Login manually on the Simple Sign In page, then see if you can log in okay using that new item. The article mentions:

Saving a new Login like this can be useful for Logins that are either problematic to begin with or were once working but have since stopped. It allows 1Password to refresh everything it “knows” about the page. Login pages can change as websites are updated, and this can be a very helpful tip in those cases.

If that doesn't work please let us know which web browser, and version numbers of the 1Password application and browser extension, that you're using. Thanks!

• eurobubba
    eurobubba
    Community Member
    Options

Yes, that worked, thanks for the tip!

• sjk
    sjk
    1Password Alumni
    Options

You're welcome, @eurobubba. Glad that worked for you!

Since this discussion has a happy ending I'll close it now. If you have any further questions or concerns, please don't hesitate to start a new forum topic or email us directly at support@agilebits.com -- we're here to help. :)

This discussion has been closed.