licensing costs

Options
Daniel Henderson
Daniel Henderson
Community Member

I just wondered, to get the full 'passwords available anywhere' experience, I was wanting to get it for Mac, Windows & IOS. What surprised me was that for each 1Password incarnation there is a separate license cost even though I am only one user. For example, if I use Dashlane I pay £29.99 a year but get all installs for Win/Mac & IOS plus full syncing across all devices.

With 1Password, I am needing to buy a separate Windows/Mac license as well as IOS. Even with the Mac/Windows bundle of $69.99, I still have to pay £12.99 for the IOS version.

My point really is .....am I missing something? Does the IOS version come free with the full version?

Comments

• Stephen_C
    Stephen_C
    Community Member
    Options

You do always have to buy the iOS version separately: it is a separate app available only through the app store. The slight consolation is that the iOS app is universal so you can install it on any iDevice you own on which you use the same Apple ID.

I know little about Dashlane but do much prefer a password manager that keeps all my information on my computer at all times and allows non-cloud (i.e., purely local) synchronisation...but that's just my own view of course. :) (I should perhaps say I'm merely a user: I don't work for AgileBits.)

Stephen

This discussion has been closed.