Cannot fill item in web browser [Resolved: Restart Computer]

Options
cwb
cwb
Community Member
edited July 2014 in Mac

I have looked through the other posts on this problem but I do not have Sophos and I'm using safari 7.0.5. I have no problem with this in Chrome. Any suggestions?

Comments

• sjk
    sjk
    1Password Alumni
    edited July 2014
    Options

Hi @cwb‌,

Sorry to hear about your trouble with 1Password filling using Safari! This support article has troubleshooting tips, some which you might have have already tried, that could help resolve it:

1Password fails to fill data

If you still stuck after that, please email us a Diagnostics Report from your Mac, along with a link to this topic and your forum username, to support+forum@agilebits.com. A quick comment here mentioning that you've sent the report would also be helpful so we can keep an eye open for it. :)

Thank you!

• cradom
    cradom
    Community Member
    Options

Might want to check your clipboard/script there sjk, I didn't start this thread.
    cradom

• sjk
    sjk
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Thanks for catching that, @cradom‌. Fixed. :)

• cwb
    cwb
    Community Member
    Options

I have had 1p so long I don't even remember if the Mac app store was around in 2010. But it seems like I have the app store version now and 1p and Safari are both in my home folder /Applications and I am using the Safari browser extension 4.2.3.
    Well I started this email and then before sending a diagnostic report I first went to get the error message again and 1p worked fine. It looks like the problem is gone all by itself. Last night My macbook pro was misbehaving and it hung so I had to reboot it and now 1p works and hopefully the problem is gone for good. I'm posting this so anyone else out there with the same problem might just try rebooting their system. Amazing how often that helps.

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @cwb,

I'm so glad to hear that a reboot got things working for you. I tend to leave my computer on for much longer than I should, and it's surprising how much better things work after giving it a quick reset. (You'd think I'd learn and shut it down more frequently ... but that has yet to happen!)

Since this issue is nicely sorted out now, I'll close this thread, but if you have any further questions or concerns, please don't hesitate to open a new thread, or email us directly at support@agilebits.com - we're here for you. :)

This discussion has been closed.